By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Official Star Ocean: The Last Hope thread

Can't wait for this beautiful masterpiece!

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

Around the Network
Shadowblind said:
Bitmap Frogs said:

It's not what it looks like, I swear!

Lol, thats actually EXACTLY what I wrote in the other SO thread

I'm gonna laugh my ass off if that's what's really gonna happen during the game's storyline.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Hmm....looks like they took fury out of the combo system. Its for the best imo, fury didnt really seem to have much of a point in SO3.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

FINALLY a JRPG of class this gen.....on consoles, only took 4 years. This should keep me happy until the big guns arrive ala FFXIII and Versus.............and DQ9 on the handheld. +_+

GO GO SE GO!

April 24, hmm. That´s about three months. If this game will be region free, I definitely import. But I really doubt it.

For game, it looks excellent. Lets hope, that rest of the game will be great too. I, for example love bonus dungeons and extremelly hard bonus bosses, so hope, that there will be a lot of such things. Gabriel Celeste and Iseria Queen are probably given (it is game from tri-Ace, after all). Maybe Lenneth (again)? She´s great in every game, where she is.

Well, we will see...

Around the Network

Famitsu review scores are in:

9/9/8/8

Pretty solid scores. Same as Tales of Vesperia, as far as I know.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:

9/9/8/8

I have my doubts that Star Ocean could POSSIBLY on par with Vesperia. That like saying its on par with perfection. We'll see though.

Wait...no I didn't think so. Its one point less then Vesperia. 34 right? Vespy was 35. Ok, Carry on. 

Still thats mighty impressive, though I doubt its worse then TLR(Which wasn't bad from what I actually heard, but it just seems so much more epic)

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

mrstickball said:

9/9/8/8

Those are from Famitsu 360, not the regular Famitsu.  Even so, that is still a good score.  I just hope Western scores are atleast near that good.

Riachu said:
mrstickball said:

9/9/8/8

Those are from Famitsu 360, not the regular Famitsu.  Even so, that is still a good score.  I just hope Western scores are atleast near that good.

Trailers make the game almost look like Final Fantasy: Star Ocean Edition. And you know how frisky western reviewers get around Final Fantasy :P

Here's the review impression from SO4:

Be made very comfortable and dynamic combat. The timing is somewhat difficult to sign out, the extra minutes and it's refreshing when set! ... The action is very impressive and I write, not "action game" instead of "RPG". And private actions and AITEMUKURIEISHON, he also included making ESURASHII try. Even in his first four, the story is located on the first thing that I want to play not only in the 360 series that you enjoy. Average MUNETATSU Matsui [9]

It is set in outer space, the game is rather basic role of the royal road. The war has become a real-time action, so difficult to fight in the normal difficulty. Since players can switch to operate in real time, according to the arm or on their own, can we set a strategy. Explore dungeons and quests are orthodox, the stress is a little unnecessary. The novel is not so, is much higher quality finished work and play safely. Ishii [9] evaluation

As RPG but orthodoxy it makes relatively the making to which interfaces are good, also the tutorial being kind, are very easy to play. It operates the space ship and it is pleasant, special voices the framework framework impression of travelling immense outer space even among them it should the aggressive system whose action characteristic is high. The refreshing impression of [konbo] attack from the first in sight out and while fighting can surprise in the enemy the reserve member and the real time member change etc which can do exchange from the system, offense and defense and strategic characteristic enjoyment can be tasted. Appraisal 8 The [me] it is end being cut off, there is no [te] seeing [re]

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.