FYI, Star Ocean 3 got a 32/40.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
Shadowblind said:
Riachu said:
mrstickball said:
Famitsu review scores are in:

9/9/8/8

Pretty solid scores. Same as Tales of Vesperia, as far as I know.

Those are from Famitsu 360, not the regular Famitsu.  Even so, that is still a good score.  I just hope Western scores are atleast near that good.

Trailers make the game almost look like Final Fantasy: Star Ocean Edition. And you know how frisky western reviewers get around Final Fantasy :P

I'm not going to be suprised if the game is considered to be as good as ToV if not slightly better.  The game seems to have plenty going for it.  It looks great, the battle look very fun, characters seems to be a quirky yet memorable bunch, etc.

mrstickball said:
Here's the review impression from SO4:

Be made very comfortable and dynamic combat. The timing is somewhat difficult to sign out, the extra minutes and it's refreshing when set! ... The action is very impressive and I write, not "action game" instead of "RPG". And private actions and AITEMUKURIEISHON, he also included making ESURASHII try. Even in his first four, the story is located on the first thing that I want to play not only in the 360 series that you enjoy. Average MUNETATSU Matsui [9]

It is set in outer space, the game is rather basic role of the royal road. The war has become a real-time action, so difficult to fight in the normal difficulty. Since players can switch to operate in real time, according to the arm or on their own, can we set a strategy. Explore dungeons and quests are orthodox, the stress is a little unnecessary. The novel is not so, is much higher quality finished work and play safely. Ishii [9] evaluation

As RPG but orthodoxy it makes relatively the making to which interfaces are good, also the tutorial being kind, are very easy to play. It operates the space ship and it is pleasant, special voices the framework framework impression of travelling immense outer space even among them it should the aggressive system whose action characteristic is high. The refreshing impression of [konbo] attack from the first in sight out and while fighting can surprise in the enemy the reserve member and the real time member change etc which can do exchange from the system, offense and defense and strategic characteristic enjoyment can be tasted. Appraisal 8 The [me] it is end being cut off, there is no [te] seeing [re]

If anyone can get a basic list of the pros and cons from those review, that would be good because babelfish suck at translating Japanese to English.

Riachu said:
Shadowblind said:
Riachu said:
mrstickball said:

9/9/8/8

Those are from Famitsu 360, not the regular Famitsu.  Even so, that is still a good score.  I just hope Western scores are atleast near that good.

Trailers make the game almost look like Final Fantasy: Star Ocean Edition. And you know how frisky western reviewers get around Final Fantasy :P

I'm not going to be suprised if the game is considered to be as good as ToV if not slightly better.  The game seems to have plenty going for it.  It looks great, the battle look very fun, characters seems to be a quirky yet memorable bunch, etc.

As far as critics go, I wouldn't be surprised to see this easily get much higher scores then ANY Tales game. Still won't change my mind until I ply it for myself :P. This is the reason I can't afford Killzone 2 on the 24th.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Shadowblind said:
Riachu said:
Shadowblind said:
Riachu said:
mrstickball said:

9/9/8/8

As far as critics go, I wouldn't be surprised to see this easily get much higher scores then ANY Tales game. Still won't change my mind until I ply it for myself :P. This is the reason I can't afford Killzone 2 on the 24th.

I expect scores to be around the level that ToV and ToS(GC) got.

Around the Network
Riachu said:
Shadowblind said:
Riachu said:
Shadowblind said:
Riachu said:
mrstickball said:

9/9/8/8

I'm putting my expectations higher. Upper 80s, with fantastic luck may break AAA. It allllll depends on how technically well it runs. Slowdown=scoredown.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Shadowblind said:
Riachu said:
Shadowblind said:
Riachu said:
Shadowblind said:
Riachu said:
mrstickball said:

9/9/8/8

I'm putting my expectations higher. Upper 80s, with fantastic luck may break AAA. It allllll depends on how technically well it runs. Slowdown=scoredown.

You are putting expectations just a little too high IMO.

Riachu said:
Shadowblind said:
Riachu said:
Shadowblind said:
Riachu said:
Shadowblind said:
Riachu said:
mrstickball said:

9/9/8/8

You are putting expectations just a little too high IMO.

I know. I did the same with Vesperia.(critic wise. It was a far better game then I thought it'd be, and I already thought it was gonna be great)

I don't see how gamers have such short memory. This game uses the Infinite Undiscovery engine, you know the Tri-Ace developed, Square Enix published overachieved (9/8/8/7 famitsu if we are going by scores) yet severely underperformed game (imo of course) that was released not even 5 months ago.

If anything, ill wait for the 39.99 pricetag a month after SO4 release so I wont feel cheated for a second time.

Soriku said:
It'll be in the high-mid 80s I think. Like 85-86%.

Btw, I think SO4 will be better than ToV :o

This is what you just made me do to my keyboard. Although like I've said before I'm gonna buy it first day, so depending on whether or not I'm writing "F*** YEAH! F*** YEAH GO BUY THIS F***ING AWESOME SH** NOW YOU LAZY MUTHAF***ERS" on here will be the indication whether or not it is better then Vesperia. And of course my DCEmu review will go up shortly after.

Alternatively I may be too busy playing it to type :P