By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Official Star Ocean: The Last Hope thread

Train wreck said:
I don't see how gamers have such short memory. This game uses the Infinite Undiscovery engine, you know the Tri-Ace developed, Square Enix published overachieved (9/8/8/7 famitsu if we are going by scores) yet severely underperformed game (imo of course) that was released not even 5 months ago.

If anything, ill wait for the 39.99 pricetag a month after SO4 release so I wont feel cheated for a second time.

IU had serious design issues that Famitsu were more tolerate of than Western reviewers.  I don't think it will be like that with SO4, I think it could be on par with ToV when it comes to Western reviews.  Heck, Blue Dragon got a higher score in Famitsu than Lost Odyssey yet the latter is considered the better game.

@Soriku

I am quite suprised that a Tales fanboy would think an SO game was better than ToV.

Around the Network

Train weck -

Tales of Vesperia used the same engine as Eternal Sonata. Yet Tales of Vesperia was lightyears ahead of ES. Just because 2 games use the same engine means almost nothing. Look at UE3 and Gears of War vs. The Last Remnant for bug issues.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Eternal Sonata and TOV had a year worth of time between them, time to improve the original engine. Same with unreal engine, different developers have better success with it. Square Enix is not one of them.

The release date of these two games are too close, I dont see how they can make a significant difference to the IU engine, I just feel that a majority of the problems that existed in IU will make their way over to SO4, and thats why ill wait for a lower price point to get the game, its not a first day purchase for me.

Train wreck said:
Eternal Sonata and TOV had a year worth of time between them, time to improve the original engine. Same with unreal engine, different developers have better success with it. Square Enix is not one of them.

The release date of these two games are too close, I dont see how they can make a significant difference to the IU engine, I just feel that a majority of the problems that existed in IU will make their way over to SO4, and thats why ill wait for a lower price point to get the game, its not a first day purchase for me.

TGS impressions for SO4 say otherwise however.  The improvement of the engine use between IU and SO4 is quite remarkable.  Not only are the problems with IU seemingly not in SO4, but the overall graphical quality got a nice improvement.

Shadowblind said:

Wait...no I didn't think so. Its one point less then Vesperia. 34 right? Vespy was 35. Ok, Carry on. 

Famitsu 360 gave both 34/40. Famitsu hasn´t scored SO4 yet.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
It'll be in the high-mid 80s I think. Like 85-86%.

Btw, I think SO4 will be better than ToV :o

If the game is better then ToV I will be a happy camper!  ToV was awesome!!

Soriku said:

There is much truth in this statement.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
Soriku said:

There is much truth in this statement.

Hrm. We'll see. Fammy 360 just gave it the same score as Vesperia....I wonder what the main Fammy is gonna give it. 

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/951/951519p1.html

February 5, 2009 - Our look at the characters of Star Ocean: The Last Hope continues. Last week, we showcased Reimi and Edge, the childhood friends thrust into an adventure together. Today we meet two alien friends they meet during their journey. Faize is a young Eldarian with elf-like ears and Meracle is a spunky Lesser Fellpool that has a feline motif. Have a look at their introduction trailer and then check back with IGN tomorrow, February 6, for a hands-on preview and even more video of Star Ocean: The Last Hope. 

Faize Shelfa Beleth

"I still have so much to learn from you, Edge."

Sex: Male 
Race: Eldarian 
Weapon: Rapier 

A young man from the planet Eldar who belongs to a planetary exploration ream. He considers etiquette very important, and treats those with qualities he lacks with due reverence. He is a man of talent, able to wield symbols that other Eldarians would need a high level of study to master; he even designed on his own a small shuttlecraft for use in exploration. Faize is an extremely logical thinker, and takes on a harsh tone and hard stance towards irrational people, but at heart he's an affable, genuine sort of guy. 

Click the image to see a new trailer of Meracle and Faize.

Meracle Chamlotte 

"That was for saving me! Sorry for getting spooked and running off!" 
Sex: Female 
Race: Lesser Fellpool 
Weapon: Claws 

A Lesser Fellpool (human-cat hybrid) from the planet Roak, Lesser Fellpools are closely related to cats, and can change freely between animal and upright form. Meracle's feline nature is apparent in her behavior. She is very playful and upbeat, friendly with everyone she meets. She can't stand to see anyone unhappy, and does her best to cheer them up.

Is IGN trying to purposely sound gay about this? Because its probably not helping many 360 owners decisions the way they are wording this stuff. The videos on the other hand...

HOLY _____

The battle system and graphics are OFF THE CHARTS O_O 

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Hmmm this comes the 24th my 360 is coming back tomorrow. I still have last disc of LO, Fable 2 and ES....I'm going to have a crammed gameing schedule to get SO4 in...

Former something....