By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The official RE5 Demo impressions thread

NJ5 said:
FKNetwork said:
tmbh said:
@ FKNetwork: Yes there is a screen tearing issue.

I honestly can't see how others here haven't spotted the screen tearing, I'm not normally one to complain but OMG it is terrible, to see what I mean start stage one and pan around in a circle a few times or look at any fast moving object, it's worse than DIRT and it happens all over the screen not just the top!

I'll have another play in a bit and check lol

P.S, I haven't seen any slowdown at all, just the screen tearing issue.

I will check soon but I'm thinking there may be a problem with your 360 if it's that bad for you.

Naa, my 360 is fine, it's brand new (3 weeks ago) and it's only this demo with screen tearing (all my other games are fine), the screen tearing issue on this demo has been mentioned a lot on the xbox forums too so can't just be me (luckily lol)

Around the Network
FKNetwork said:

Naa, my 360 is fine, it's brand new (3 weeks ago) and it's only this demo with screen tearing (all my other games are fine), the screen tearing issue on this demo has been mentioned a lot on the xbox forums too so can't just be me lol.

I was playing just now and I don't see any tearing. What cable and resolution are you using?

I'm using HDMI at 720p.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

BengaBenga said:
Barozi said:
z101 said:
tmbh said:
Its a lot like RE4 with updated graphics and that's not really a bad thing as that was a great game.

Re4 was a great game, especially on the Wii.

But Re5 truly lacks the atmosphere Re4 had (not to mention the Wii controls). I think in the end Re5 turns out to be a mediocre shooter thats will be fast forgotten.

Aaaaaw how cute

he's envious because the newest part of the main series has left the Wii.......

I really cannot understand how anyone would not prefer Wii controls on this game, I really can't.

Maybe you don't know his post history, but he's without a doubt one of the biggest Wii fanboys on this side.

I didn't say anything about the Wii controls in my post. I just quoted him, because he thinks all PS360 games are shit and only Wii games are worth buying.

With that being said, IMO the Wii has definitely games which are worth buying.

NJ5 said:
FKNetwork said:

Naa, my 360 is fine, it's brand new (3 weeks ago) and it's only this demo with screen tearing (all my other games are fine), the screen tearing issue on this demo has been mentioned a lot on the xbox forums too so can't just be me lol.

I was playing just now and I don't see any tearing. What cable and resolution are you using?

I'm using HDMI at 720p.

I'm using a "monster" HDMI Cable at 1080P so unless it's because i'm on a slightly higher resolution? I might test it on 720P, is there anyway you could try it on 1080P?

Barozi said:
BengaBenga said:
Barozi said:
z101 said:
tmbh said:
Its a lot like RE4 with updated graphics and that's not really a bad thing as that was a great game.

Re4 was a great game, especially on the Wii.

But Re5 truly lacks the atmosphere Re4 had (not to mention the Wii controls). I think in the end Re5 turns out to be a mediocre shooter thats will be fast forgotten.

Aaaaaw how cute

he's envious because the newest part of the main series has left the Wii.......

I really cannot understand how anyone would not prefer Wii controls on this game, I really can't.

Maybe you don't know his post history, but he's without a doubt one of the biggest Wii fanboys on this side.

I didn't say anything about the Wii controls in my post. I just quoted him, because he thinks all PS360 games are shit and only Wii games are worth buying.

With that being said, IMO the Wii has definitely games which are worth buying.

Oh ok, sorry then. I see your point now.

That being said; I really wish this game had Wii controls.

I've played through the demo a few times now and I'm feeling a lot better about the game now. The atmosphere is definitely tense and you're under constant pressure, which is great.

Still have some issues with Sheva, but they're softening. AI is bad and their are definitely some glitches. I literally walked through an enemy just yet, lol. And the controls are a bit slow, even on "Fastest". But I'm more impressed than yesterday.

Around the Network
FKNetwork said:
NJ5 said:
FKNetwork said:

I'm using HDMI at 720p.

I'm using a "monster" HDMI Cable at 1080P so unless it's because i'm on a slightly higher resolution? I might test it on 720P, is there anyway you could try it on 1080P?

My TV does not support 1080p, sorry. Do try it at 720p, I'm curious now.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
FKNetwork said:

I'm using HDMI at 720p.

Nowt wrong with my 360 either.

HDMI @ 720p / 1080p

B4 FKNetwork mentioned it I had already noticed it.  Wasnt a big issue for me.

NJ5 said:
FKNetwork said:
NJ5 said:
FKNetwork said:

I'm using HDMI at 720p.

My TV does not support 1080p, sorry. Do try it at 720p, I'm curious now.

I'll test it shortly and report back here :)

drpunk said:
Garnett said:

Of course they are but still...Wasting a hole clip to drop someone isnt right,and at least they could of changed the freaking animations when the people get shot,it seems more like a port IMO,but its gonna be good none the less.

It's a difficult line to tread. One headshot kills and the games too easy and people don't like it. More than one headshot kills and it's not realistic and people don't like it.

I see your point how ever... Since they put more enemies on screen they should at least give the handgun a 1 shot to the head,especally since headshots are so hard to pull off,and when you pull them off it means NOTHING!

Im still gonna buy it day one!

hmm... now Im torn on this game.

Resident Evil = one of my favorite series ever

but their taking thigns out that made it so great...