By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The official RE5 Demo impressions thread

axumblade said:
It's starting to look like Resident Evil isn't going to be as big as I thought it would be. Not that it won't be big but just doesn't seem like anybody enjoyed it.

Don't take my pessimism too seriously.

Jennifer Aniston's nose is too big.

The beach is too hot, the sea is too cold.

I'm seldom happy.

Around the Network

I may have been a bit toasty while messing around with the demo last night, but couldn't you run by clicking the left thumbstick while moving? (no need for the A button made the movement much easier)

disolitude said:
axumblade said:
It's starting to look like Resident Evil isn't going to be as big as I thought it would be. Not that it won't be big but just doesn't seem like anybody enjoyed it.

Just watch your words above disintegrate after first week NA sales...

I actually think axumblade has a good point. Obviously the game will be big and will definitely sell millions, but I don't see it being as big as RE2 or 4 (combined sales), where previously I thought it had a shot at becoming the best sold RE ever, due to it becoming more casual.

There's a lot of criticism, dissapointment and worrying on different game forums. Not what you would expect from a very hyped game in one of the biggest franchises. This will undoubtedly affect sales.

BengaBenga said:
disolitude said:
axumblade said:

Just watch your words above disintegrate after first week NA sales...

I actually think axumblade has a good point. Obviously the game will be big and will definitely sell millions, but I don't see it being as big as RE2 or 4 (combined sales), where previously I thought it had a shot at becoming the best sold RE ever, due to it becoming more casual.

There's a lot of criticism, dissapointment and worrying on different game forums. Not what you would expect from a very hyped game in one of the biggest franchises. This will undoubtedly affect sales.

I see this game being like...Metallica going from metal underground gods to mainstream rock band.  Selling millions in the process. Losing credibility with old fans but gaining so many new ones that it really doesnt matter.

i Played so much RE4 that Im just knifing everyone on RE5.

The Excecutioner is still tough to predict but im getting better knifing him.

Around the Network
GLoRySoGLoRy said:
i Played so much RE4 that Im just knifing everyone on RE5.

The Excecutioner is still tough to predict but im getting better knifing him.

lol

How to make me feel inferior :(

Seriously--what's everyone's strategy for beating Chainsaw man? He keeps chainsawing me XD

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

The game feels like a cross between RE4/RE0 to me. The game seems clunky to me because I've been spoiled by the precise aiming of RE4 Wii Edition. I'm sure I'll enjoy it, just not sure I'll pick it up right away.

thekitchensink said:
Seriously--what's everyone's strategy for beating Chainsaw man? He keeps chainsawing me XD

I don't know, I died three or four times and haven't tried again. I can think of two potential strategies:

1- Trying to keep as much distance as possible.

2- Running away :P

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

OK I am liking the quick menu more now I worked out how to assign the D-pad to weapons etc.

I have killed/completed the big guy with giant axe section!

Still not killed to chainsaw dude!

I'm sure the full game will provide you will more ammo/weapons/powerups. Demo seems to just dump you with bog standard equipment.

@ FKNetwork: Yes there is a screen tearing issue.

@ z101: Yes there is definitely a lack of atmosphere.