By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft Eliminates the Core (new SKU: Xbox 360 Arcade)

dschumm said:
mrstickball said:
dschumm.

I dont think they're going to shift focus from the X360 to X720 and FUBAR their former system as quickly as they did to the Xbox.

MS planned on making cash starting in 08, and they are still on track for it.

You are probably right, and I am being overly gloomy but they announced predicted profit before the Billion dollar dump on extended RRoD warranty extension.

They are just in such a hole that I don't think 08 profits will do enough to turn the project around. So instead of putting Halo 4, Gears 2 etc. in 09 they will bump them to 2010 with the 720 launch.

MS is shrewd and always said this was for the long haul. They said the first system was to get the foot in the door. Soon they will realize that the second one was better but wont win so they will double down and go for it all with the 720. They have had more success being the first out the gate and haveing more software fiinished relative to the other systems. There is no reason not to stagger things from the competition further.

it won't exist :P

but anyway with MS everything works by three.... what was their first real largely known system ??? well it's 3.11, now when are their system working about correctly ? well after SP2 lol..... then it gets a little bit more complicated but you can put it that way though... you have NT, 95, 98, then 2000, XP, vista

lol :P

it wouldn't be surprising they work the same way on XB.... well they already do.... you have the 1st released XB 360.... you have the zephyr and the falcon coming soon

but I really don't think either MS or Sony are going to release a new system in 2010 it's too early IMO 

Around the Network
dschumm said:
mrstickball said:
dschumm.

I dont think they're going to shift focus from the X360 to X720 and FUBAR their former system as quickly as they did to the Xbox.

MS planned on making cash starting in 08, and they are still on track for it.

You are probably right, and I am being overly gloomy but they announced predicted profit before the Billion dollar dump on extended RRoD warranty extension.

They are just in such a hole that I don't think 08 profits will do enough to turn the project around. So instead of putting Halo 4, Gears 2 etc. in 09 they will bump them to 2010 with the 720 launch.

MS is shrewd and always said this was for the long haul. They said the first system was to get the foot in the door. Soon they will realize that the second one was better but wont win so they will double down and go for it all with the 720. They have had more success being the first out the gate and haveing more software fiinished relative to the other systems. There is no reason not to stagger things from the competition further.

So what does this make Sony since PS3 loses even more money than 360???

PS4 will come way before Xbox720. Xbox360 is the winner of this generation high tech race. PS3 will have trouble getting any foothold and that is why PS4 will come first. 

720 will definitly come 1-2 years after PS4. 

yeah but who hear jonnestly think a new PS or XB would come in 2010... I mean we heard for that generation developement like 2 or 3 years before.... did anybody have heard of any R&D from MS and Sony right now ???