By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft Eliminates the Core (new SKU: Xbox 360 Arcade)

core price=wii price... in uk, do you think this will affect the wii's sales...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network
Ishy said:
core price=wii price... in uk, do you think this will affect the wii's sales...
No, difference audience.

Got to hand it to Microsoft. When the train comes off the tracks come out with more SKUs, change names of SKUs, and give people the package they should have had last year.

Don't get me wrong the price cuts are good, but these are the prices the systems should have been at 12 months ago, so they could be lowered again now that there is reasonable competition.

If this package is true, a few cheap games/demos and a memory stick included in the core is the only way it becomes remotely palatable. The HDMI port I don't believe. Even it is on all the circuit boards I doubt they would spend the pennies to put the port in.

I think the accountants have come to call at MS and they have decided that now that they can make money on the systems they will. This is their big strategic move for '07. And despite "the best holiday lineup ever" they will keep losing ground and money this generation. By next year they will realize the 360 will not recoup the 7 billion the XBox division is in the whole and they will shift focus of any major games to the 720 that they can.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

dschumm.

I dont think they're going to shift focus from the X360 to X720 and FUBAR their former system as quickly as they did to the Xbox.

MS planned on making cash starting in 08, and they are still on track for it.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

omgwtfbbq said:
yeah looking at that larger picture the arcade box screams "FAKE"

shame, it seemed like MS were finally going to do something right with the core...

Actually, the worst part is the horrible cut outs of the consoles themselves. All 3 have white borders (most noticable on the black one) that suggest someone cut them out without the anti-alias setting checked. If this thing is real, whoever was paid to make this should be fired.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Around the Network

well just notice that two threads about this is going. Well it looks like this thread was the newest so mayby we can merge those threads?

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=5839&start=0#end

Other than that I do hope that this would be true becase then the xbox360 core would be a decent choice.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

hum someone has the big picture ???? so I can run it on different software that pic up photo editing artifact ???
anyway the fact that it was edited doesn't make the change fake..... we do that all the time to run ads before the actual pack shot is released.... sometime we work on advertising 6 month to a year in advance and the box doesn't exist at that time....

i mean everybody here agree that it would be the best move.... I don't think any marketer would say the opposite at MS..... we'll see by the end of the week or at the TGS or X07 canada if it's true they'll probably talk about it at one of these

@endimion

It would be great if it is true, but for the moment we don't have anything officiel from Microsoft and the picture isn't the best.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

would indeed be great if true. And it would put microsoft into an untouchable lead of most SKU's for a single system.

mrstickball said:
dschumm.

I dont think they're going to shift focus from the X360 to X720 and FUBAR their former system as quickly as they did to the Xbox.

MS planned on making cash starting in 08, and they are still on track for it.

You are probably right, and I am being overly gloomy but they announced predicted profit before the Billion dollar dump on extended RRoD warranty extension.  

They are just in such a hole that I don't think 08 profits will do enough to turn the project around. So instead of putting Halo 4, Gears 2 etc. in 09 they will bump them to 2010 with the 720 launch.

MS is shrewd and always said this was for the long haul. They said the first system was to get the foot in the door. Soon they will realize that the second one was better but wont win so they will double down and go for it all with the 720. They have had more success being the first out the gate and haveing more software fiinished relative to the other systems. There is no reason not to stagger things from the competition further.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt