By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN: White Knight Chronicles is part of a planned trilogy?

Since it's a Sony IP Level 5 doesn't technically have to be involved in any sequels.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Riachu said:
outlawauron said:
Hmm.

Very interesting.

Although, if SMT and Persona could sequels with its sales, I'm sure Sony would be happy to continue the series if it sold decently in the US.

SMT and Persona don't need to be million sellers to make a profit because they are low budget games(not a bad thing if game design is good enough)

And you think that WKC has to sell a million to make a profit?

I doubt it.  The graphics are good but not anything that will blow anyone away.

Lafiel said:

@ mibuokami )

I'm pretts sure they said it in that LEVEL 5 event in august(?) prior to the TGS, that WKC: "Inishie no Kodou" is the first entry of a series of WKC games.

Aarg, I must have the worst memory ever if that is the case, The only thing I remember was that they gloss over WKC and introduce a crap load of handheld games plus their online distribution network.

Riachu said:
outlawauron said:
Riachu said:
outlawauron said:
Hmm.

Very interesting.

Although, if SMT and Persona could sequels with its sales, I'm sure Sony would be happy to continue the series if it sold decently in the US.

SMT and Persona don't need to be million sellers to make a profit because they are low budget games(not a bad thing if game design is good enough)

And you think that WKC has to sell a million to make a profit?

I doubt it.  The graphics are good but not anything that will blow anyone away.

Ok so I'm just saying that games don't have to be huge to get a series going.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

first release WKC in america then we'l talk sequels

Around the Network

I'll tell you if I'm excited after i get to play WKC and see for myself if it's good.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

They said it late to not derail people from the game, but sure enough lots of players that finished the game didn't expect it to not properly end. To end the story, they have to at least do one more episode, even if they can't make the full trilogy because of poor sales. Of course, they're not forced to do anything and Sony could just abandon this RPG series altogether.

well WKC sales in JApan have been very good.

if it can get such sales in NA/EU it should be a million seller n so its viable to make it a series

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I will worry about sequals after I get to play the first one. One step at a time

3?? That would be nice.

Hope the sales would influence them to get a second game out with the next 3 years.

4 ≈ One