By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What is the most efficient way to RROD my 360.

Try placing it in a drawer or cardboard box with little ventilation and let it overheat, repeating this a couple times should help heat the solder up until the motherboard /GPU connection warps and the system RROD's.

Although the timing is often strange, mine just RROD'd last weekend. I spent several months abusing it having it play Fable 2, Viva Pinata and watching movies constantly and it did fine, I let it sit 2 weeks play an hour of Armored Core Answer and it dies, luckily my 3 year RROD warranty was good through next month.

Around the Network

Not to sound dumb or anything, but... why? :-O

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Block the air vents... or but it near a heater and on a carpet.

4 ≈ One

Wrap it in a towel... turn it on....leave it for a bit....quickly shove it in the freezer

ps...my advice is the best

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

light it on fire.

Around the Network

That's very wrong from Microsoft, they give 3 years for those systems that RRODS then the rest a one year warranty, What the hell, it doesn't make any sense, a faulty system is a faulty system no matter how many red lights lights goes on.

It happen to me last DEC I had the infamous E73 ERROR displayed on my tv screen I called Micro. they told I had to send them my 360 in and $100 for the repair..
This happen right after my 360 turned a year from purchase and where is the 3 years warranty, Microsoft said they only give 3 years warranty for the 3 red ring of death..

With less than $20 I fixed my 360 by doing the X-clamp mod and some real thermo compound and installing two extra pc fans..

To make your 360 rrod either stick 2 tooth picks in the back vents to stop the fans from spinning or just wrap it around with a towel till it rrods, makes sure it stay rroded after unwrapping before you send it in..

My Trigger Happy Sixaxis controller

can we start a petition this gets support by the 3 year warranty i heard about 3 dudes in a week this happening >_>. i don't wanna be one of them.

Freeze it...why not?

Former something....

I had the same problem, but the towel didnt worked :S, when it was to hot, automaticly it turned off with the 2 left lights in red and sometimes, the one on the bottom right.

After 3 days with that, i just call the support and i told them "i have a rrod" of course my console is from mid 06, so, it has the problem. They just came for them. I hope than they just send me one new without check mine. wish me luck

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

Just keep it from being able to cool down. Best way to do that is to stick two pens into the back and keep the fans from blowing and wrap it in a towel. You need to do both to make it overheat as hot as you can.

If you still have trouble with it shutting down on you, do you have a space heater? You can aim the space heater on (into?) it for a while, then try running it.

Fry it hard.

SW-5120-1900-6153