By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Mass Effect Delayed

Geesh...

I want more delays...

It is going to be an expensive fall and winter.

Around the Network
endimion said:
naznatips said:
The rest of this year, starting with Metroid Prime and going all the way to January next year, makes my wallet cry.

In that time I have to buy: Metroid Prime 3, an Xbox 360 (waiting till December in the hopes of a second, better, price drop), Bioshock, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mass Effect, Zack and Wiki, Eternal Sonata, Halo 3, NiGHTS, Fire Emblem, Phantom Hourglass, Advance Wars DS 2, Battalion Wars 2, and so much more....

Those are just the games I have to buy. I'm sure I missed a bunch too, and that doesn't even count the games that I want.

you should better wait for a second better hardware lol :P and it's a XB fan telling you that... one who never had a RRoD since I bought mine in early february 2006.... but like I say if it's worse waiting for games in 2008 on PS3 it's effing damn worse waiting for XB to fix their hardware...

I can't wait that long for Bioshock.  The Falcon will be in all systems on shelves by December, and I'll be getting a premium with an HDMI (which is good since I have a 42" Plasma).  I'll have the 3 year warranty too, in case for some reason the Falcon doesn't fix the problem.  I should be fine.

arf be careful with your plasma... consoles and computers are killer for that technology... one of the main reason I took a 40" LCD... don't let your console on pause too long :) or at least turn the monitor off then or switch the source :)

yeah you should be good.... by then...

endimion said:
arf be careful with your plasma... consoles and computers are killer for that technology... one of the main reason I took a 40" LCD... don't let your console on pause too long :) or at least turn the monitor off then or switch the source :)

yeah you should be good.... by then...

That issue is actually really blown out of proportion.  I'm not sure if the 360 has the function or not but the Wii has an anti burn-in mode that you can turn on if you have a Plasma.  Even if you don't have the feature though, it's not going to happen in 30 minutes or even in an hour on a new TV.  As the TV gets older, yeah it will become more of a concern, but it doesn't happen in 5 minutes like some think.  I usually switch the source to satellite or turn it off anyway if I'm going to leave it paused (just in case I'm gone for 6 hours for some reason), but yeah it's not that big a problem.

sieanr said:
Now it's due out on December 7.

Thankfully, it will still hit this year.

Hey it's coming out on my birthday!!!

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network

yeah well me I have my PC on the 40" so it's more like 24/7 and more than 5 hours of windows a day... so I wouldn't like to have a start menu burn in or any other kind of static frame from the PC... I know it's not 5 min but if you let it stand too long it does it....
me I don't like plasma for other reason... it's hot like hell and I don't need a new heater in the same room lol.... it's more expensive for smaller size.... and other reasons....

on XBox you have a energy saving mode after some time so it's not dangerous..... I suppose....

Wow december 7. That's pearl harbor guys. Preeetty sensetive day, geez. Could we all just take a moment of silence and not release games on that day?

hum I don't want to be an ass but... for the Japanese market it could be a good day... :)
like waterloo in UK compare to france :)
or ID4 in USA compare to england....
beside the horror of the war they did pull out a hell of an attack plan, nobody in the world expected that.... and in a way it's what got the US to save our French asses at that time.....