By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Mass Effect Delayed

^^???????

Around the Network

There is no way in hell that Lost Odyssey will come out this year in the US now, there was a tiny chance before now it's impossible.

Gonna have to wait even longer to get to play this... damn it. This game was supposed to come out before E3 ages ago.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Mummelmann said:
Bioware has yet to make a bad game as far as I'm concerned, it should be worth the wait. It certainly looks the part!

PS: Does anyone know if Wizards of the Coast have licensed any new products in their lineup yet? A new BG or NN would be most welcome.

Jade Empire was getting pretty close to bad game territory. Overrated to the max.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Agree with ckmlb. The little I played/saw, Jade Empire was a lot of glitter - and lack of thought. I watched my friend "casually" beat the last boss in about 10 seconds.

Now the 2nd(?) delay for Mass Effect? Good spacing out for MS though - gives them a smash hit in December.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Is it just me or didn't Bioware announced that it was complete back around april or may (just waiting for Microsoft to set the release). I remember hearing that, it is a great title for xmas but would have been better in july.

Around the Network

Anyways who says that delays are a bad thing (at least from the gamers perspective, Bodhesatva brought up a good point about the people fronting the money) have obviously forgotten who horrible it can be to play through a game that wasn't in the oven long enough.

The Suffering and its sequel were fun games, I really enjoyed them. However, it was pretty annoying when my character would become non-contingent with the level and randomly hover above the ground without being able to move and access weapons. And that is the only flaw that really bothered me, cause I looked past a few more. Rushing a game to market, in spite of Nintendo's ethos, is bad from almost every perspective because a well-polished game will more often than not sell more than its rushed counterpart, most likely enough to offset the extra development costs as well.

It sets up for sequels better too. Would you buy a sequel to a game that was glitchy/incomplete as hell? That's what I thought.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I'm an idiot

sexybeast said:
This is BS, were I work we had 75 copies of Bioshock for the 360. It was in the BESTBUY ad that came out today.

http://bestbuy.shoplocal.com/bestbuy/Default.aspx?action=browsepagesingle&storeid=2417258&rapid=439885&pagenumber=19

What is this link its the link of Page 19 for the Bestbuy ad! Oh wait I see Bioshock.

-Your local friendly Sony Fanboy

I think you are talking about the wrong game.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Woah I'm a fucking moron.

LOL Sexybeast.... don't be that harsh on yourself.... it can happen :)