By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Pachter: Sony “is a distant third, and is falling behind at a rapid pace”

Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter has issued a broadside at Sony saying that the company is a “distant third” in the console price and that price is killing the PlayStation 3.

“Sony has historically priced at its production cost (or above), but it has historically been in first place,” he told CVG.

“This generation, the company is a distant third, and is falling behind at a rapid pace.”

“Keeping the PS3 price high kills Sony, and gives Microsoft a huge competitive advantage,” he went on. “In my view, every Xbox 360 sold is a lost opportunity for Sony to sell a PS3, and Microsoft has no intention of taking a sabbatical.

“Lowering the price will cost Sony a lot, but it should generate sufficient future profits from game and Blu-ray movie sales and royalties to offset those losses,” concluded Pachter.

Sony announced yesterday cuts were to be made to its “Gaming Segment” as the firm looks to save ¥250 billion this year.

Ouch And Ouch.

Link here

Around the Network

*sigh*

Why do anyone still care what Patcher says ?

Especially after his recent ps3 price cut prediction and recalling it fiasco ?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Is this the same Pachter who said PS3 has outsold the 360 in Japan with over 4 million units?

Around the Network

the day isn't complete until a "ps3 is gonna fail" new story breaks. :)

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Zuhyc said:
Is this the same Pachter who said PS3 has outsold the 360 in Japan with over 4 million units?

Yep. Fist he said PS3 would surely surpass X360 and now this. He's a fucking strange dude.

oh really....thankyou pachter for stating the obvious yet again.

@zuhyc

yup & he predicted PS3 would be ahead by 360 in Japan by 10 Million by the endo f this gen

PS3 aint selling anywhere near 10 million in japan mate

Pachter's gone nuts!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Could we have an "Official Pachter Opens His Mouth" thread?

A guy this big deserves his own official thread.

This guy just makes the broadest and most obvious observations of all time...he pisses me off

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot