By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Seraphic has officially "Jumped in" ! (Epicness)

1. As far as I know no update is required for the game but probably is just bug fixes like most game updates.

2. It's easy to upgrade your hard drive but it's more expensive then a PS3 HDD cause the PS3 uses laptop HDD which are fairly cheap while 360 uses their own which cost 100 dollars for 60GB when you would pay much less for a PS3 HDD. Installation is as easy as plugging it into the top of your 360 though.

3. That's one of the flaws of the 360, it would help if you knew which interface you're talking about, the blades are awkward and hard to find what you need, while NXE is easier but still not as good as PS3 or Wii interfaces sadly.

4. There is a 360 rechargeable battery pack, costs 20 dollars for the MS brand and 15 for the nyko brand, or you can do like I do for my Wii remotes and buy a duracell recharge set for 10 dollars and have rechargeable AAs that can be used for any electronics.

5. You'll need a hard drive before you go on XBL, so that means investing 100 dollars into that, or buying a used HDD for a little less, but XBL itself just requires you to sign up like PSN and you get a free month when you sign up, after that it's basically PSN with the ability to chat with any friend even when playing a different game then them, though I do that anyway while playing Wii and PS3 for free it's called Team Speak and a PC.

6. Silver is free basically it means you can download updates, demos, and add-ons and message friends. Which to me is rather stupid to make someone pay for connecting to a server that just connects your consoles together directly and doesn't host a game on the server itself like PC games, so essentially you'll use your own internet to play online expect you're paying someone else to use your own net you already paid for.

7. For you probably Infinite Undiscovery, Blue Dragon, Last Reminent (though you could wait for it to come to PS3 later this year), maybe Fable II, and Fallout 3 will have exclusive DLC on 360 which looks rather nice.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
1. As far as I know no update is required for the game but probably is just bug fixes like most game updates.

2. It's easy to upgrade your hard drive but it's more expensive then a PS3 HDD cause the PS3 uses laptop HDD which are fairly cheap while 360 uses their own which cost 100 dollars for 60GB when you would pay much less for a PS3 HDD. Installation is as easy as plugging it into the top of your 360 though.

3. That's one of the flaws of the 360, it would help if you knew which interface you're talking about, the blades are awkward and hard to find what you need, while NXE is easier but still not as good as PS3 or Wii interfaces sadly.

4. There is a 360 rechargeable battery pack, costs 20 dollars for the MS brand and 15 for the nyko brand, or you can do like I do for my Wii remotes and buy a duracell recharge set for 10 dollars and have rechargeable AAs that can be used for any electronics.

5. You'll need a hard drive before you go on XBL, so that means investing 100 dollars into that, or buying a used HDD for a little less, but XBL itself just requires you to sign up like PSN and you get a free month when you sign up, after that it's basically PSN with the ability to chat with any friend even when playing a different game then them, though I do that anyway while playing Wii and PS3 for free it's called Team Speak and a PC.

6. Silver is free basically it means you can download updates, demos, and add-ons and message friends. Which to me is rather stupid to make someone pay for connecting to a server that just connects your consoles together directly and doesn't host a game on the server itself like PC games, so essentially you'll use your own internet to play online expect you're paying someone else to use your own net you already paid for.

7. For you probably Infinite Undiscovery, Blue Dragon, Last Reminent (though you could wait for it to come to PS3 later this year), maybe Fable II, and Fallout 3 will have exclusive DLC on 360 which looks rather nice.

@6- which is why i'll never game online with the 360, its a rip-off IMO, PS3 wins hands down when it comes to gaming online, again IMO...

@7- I heared TLR sucks, so unless they fix the PS3 version im stay far away from that title, but Fable 2 sounds interesting, and i've tried Blue-Dragon it sucks imo lol.

@1- Yeah, i found IU on amazon for 30 bux, but i read one of the reviewers saying he couldnt even start up the game on his 360 without the update trying to force him to download and install and he had no Wi-fi therefore he was screwed lol. i hope SO4 doesnt do the some crap. :I

Congratz, it seems all your questions have been answered!

I would take up the 20G adopotion thingy programme from Microsoft. Easy way to get a cheap harddrive.

Don't count out multiplats, unless of course you're trophy obsessed, some multiplats are much better on the 360.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

@6- which is why i'll never game online with the 360, its a rip-off IMO, PS3 wins hands down when it comes to gaming online, again IMO...

@7- I heared TLR sucks, so unless they fix the PS3 version im stay far away from that title, but Fable 2 sounds interesting, and i've tried Blue-Dragon it sucks imo lol.

@1- Yeah, i found IU on amazon for 30 bux, but i read one of the reviewers saying he couldnt even start up the game on his 360 without the update trying to force him to download and install and he had no Wi-fi therefore he was screwed lol. i hope SO4 doesnt do the some crap. :I

Hmm really?  I've only heard of a few select titles doing that but I guess cause IU sold so few copies I never heard that it had to have the system update, but I still haven't played UI so I can't tell you first hand experience.

And yeah XBL is a ripoff no matter which way you look at it, with silver you even get demos and add-ons a week after Gold members, but everything about the 360 is meant to nickle and dime you to death, controllers with the recharge packs cost 65 dollars while PS3 controllers are only 55 with built in recharge packs, the HDD does NOT cost MS anywhere near 100 dollars for 60GB probably not even half that <_<, the wifi adapter is 100 dollars and thing about it is that it doesn't even work well, it drops connection about once every hour from my experience with it, and then they have the most pointless thing ever, custom faceplates and want you to pay 20 dollars for a piece of cheap plastic...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

seece said:

I would take up the 20G adopotion thingy programme from Microsoft. Easy way to get a cheap harddrive.

Don't count out multiplats, unless of course you're trophy obsessed, some multiplats are much better on the 360.

Thanks, btw seece think im a fanboy now? im as netural as they come buddy. :D

And yeah i've heared "SOME" multiplats are alot better on the 360 then the PS3, such as Fallout 3, but the mainstream of my multiplats will be on the PS3 because of friends + free online gameplay.

I primely bought the 360 for its exclusives that i may be interested in, ala SO4, IU and LO. :) i'd expect you to do the same if you ever bought a PS3.

And 20gb program? what is this?

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

When I start the game, there NO update. And I pretty positive, that there never was. So don´t worry, it will not happen. You can play the game without Live!.

seece said:

More pixels here and there or extra dlc that you have to pay for don't make a multiplat "much better".

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

20GB HDD is really cheap right now and you don't need a bigger HDD as long as you are not into Video on Demand or installing 3 games at once. I bought a 120GB for 100€... okay, it sucks but it is a once for all thing. To be honest it was a Xmas present. :D

I would recommend you

• Mass Effect,
  • Fable2,
  • Star Ocean,
  • Infinite Undiscovery,
  • Tales of Vesperia and
  • Lost Odyssey.

That should be the RPG-Overkill for you.

There are a lot of fun games that are not THAT big franchises but still are a lot of fun. Crackdown and Left 4 Dead are 2 great games.

I am trying to hype another person here: GET Alan Wake as soon as it is released.

You can play every Xbox360 game without a update or a HDD.

With your free silver membership you can do what every other gold member can do, except playing online. But there is a free XBL Gold trial in almost every game published by MS. So Fable2 is even more worthy right now :D

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Nanaki said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

When I start the game, there NO update. And I pretty positive, that there never was. So don´t worry, it will not happen. You can play the game without Live!.

Alright guess i'll give it a shot then, hope he was just acting like a fanboy or else im screwed lol, do you have the game by chance nanaki?

Yes, I have. It´s not the best game ever made, but on the other hand, not "garbage", "crap", as you can see on forums, and so. I would say "better average", in % I would give something about 70%-75%. Probably not something for full price, but if you see it cheaper, buy it.

But I definitely recommend LO. This was one of best games, that I play in the last years. In this case, buy it for sure.