By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Seraphic has officially "Jumped in" ! (Epicness)

And lovin it, Dual HD consoles is gaming heaven...

& 

--------

--------

This "Jump in" was brought to you by  ...

______________________________________________________________________________________

Alright now that thats done with, i have quite a feq questions. Bare with me and my noob-ishness. :D

1. I have the Arcade model (Duh.) soley for SO4 and SO4 alone, yet games like LO and IU peak my interest but i heared both IU and LO require an internet connection for some sort of weird update for both games, and i dont plan to buy that Wi-Fi thing so is there anyway around this issuse or am i damned?
  2. Can i freely upgrade my 360's HDD at some point if i so choose, and if "yes" then is it simple like the PS3's HDD swaping?
  3. The interface is very odd to me, i may have played games at my local wal-mart and Gamestop but NEVER used the interface once during those times, and it feel very unstable and awkward VS the PS3's XMB any hints or tips to get my self use to it quicker?
  4. Is there anyway to charge up my 360's controller without using batterys? Via what PS3's does when connected to a USB port.
  5. Xbox Live, ... this may sound absurd... but truth be told i dont know what exactly it is and how to use it, i know this isnt a big deal right now since i dont even have wi-fi or an ether-net cable but i'd like to know more about it since it seems top-notch, i'd also like my own personal review of both XBL and PSN.
  6. What sorts of XBL memberships are there? i always thought there was only gold but my buddy from PSN says theres Silver and its free but you still cant play online, is this true or false?
  7. All multi-platform games i will buy for my PS3 since im most comfortable there and 80% or more of my buddies use the PS3 for online, so with that said, name me some exclusive games i may deem worthy. its pretty obvious what my fave genres are (for those who know me around here) :P ..

_______________________________________________________________________________________}

Well thats about it i guess, feels kinda weird for me, i've NEVER owned anything MS made other then PC's and i feel odd owning a console from them, but the free arcade games that came with it are decently fun and i enojyed the few i played well done MS.

And @my PS3 brothers- im not betraying you guys Nor am i gonna be bias, i'll do my best as a new member of the Dual-HD console owners to treat both consoles with equal respect and gaming time they both deserve. Cheerz every1 lulz!!

HD FTW!!!11eleven!!!! 

Around the Network

NICE!  Congrats!

I am still learning the ins and outs of my 360, so I wont be much help. But I will give my 2 cents.

1- That I do not know

2- Yes, its VERY easy.  I just did mine last night.  20g on Ebay for 27 bucks.

3- Still learnin here. I really hate the interface.

4- Yes,  Play and charge kit. Rechargable battery with USB cable, very handy.

5-  Still learning that too. Not much different than PSN, so far.

6- Silver and Gold.  Every game I tried to play online required me to upgrade to Gold. Silver seems to be only for downloading  demos etc.

7- Gears of War, Crackdown are the 2 reasons I jumped into the XBOX. I have my eye on Tales of Vesperia and Infinite Undiscovery and will pick those up soon.

Sorry if I wasnt much help, but Im just a baby Xbot at the moment.

Again, GRATS on both HD systems.  Life is good!!!

Tifa got MOVES!

Nobody feels betrayed Seraphic, I'd buy a 360 myself if I saw the need for one.

After browsing your profile, I think you're more of a JRPG head like me. You should probably check out the old 360 JRPGs. They'll be cheaper now.

Can't tell you much about the interface other than the fact that I didn't like it either.

I'm pretty sure you can freely upgrade your HDD, the only problem is that you're restricted to M$ HDDs

XBL is M$ online service much like PSN. For the free version, you can access the the service but won't be able to play games online. I also think you should be able to download game updates with the free version.

I could be slightly wrong on some things because I don't have too much 360 experience but I feel pretty confident about my answers. Anyway, the xbox 360 honchos should be here soon.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

1)I have the Arcade model (Duh.) soley for SO4 and SO4 alone, yet games like LO and IU peak my interest but i heared both IU and LO require an internet connection for some sort of weird update for both games, and i dont plan to buy that Wi-Fi thing so is there anyway around this issuse or am i damned?

plug it in with a regular network cable

2)Can i freely upgrade my 360's HDD at some point if i so choose, and if "yes" then is it simple like the PS3's HDD swaping?

You need to get one of the 360 HD's. Pretty sure they are still doing the 20 gig refurb upgrade program for Arcade owners

The interface is very odd to me, i may have played games at my local wal-mart and Gamestop but NEVER used the interface once during those times, and it feel very unstable and awkward VS the PS3's XMB any hints or tips to get my self use to it quicker?

You get used to it. I like it more now, then when it came out

Is there anyway to charge up my 360's controller without using batterys? Via what PS3's does when connected to a USB port.

yeah buy a rechargeable battery pack for your controller

Xbox Live, ... this may sound absurd... but truth be told i dont know what exactly it is and how to use it, i know this isnt a big deal right now since i dont even have wi-fi or an ether-net cable but i'd like to know more about it since it seems top-notch, i'd also like my own personal review of both XBL and PSN.
What sorts of XBL memberships are there? i always thought there was only gold but my buddy from PSN says theres Silver and its free but you still cant play online, is this true or false?

Silver is free. You can do everything but play online, and some demo's you don't get right away. You can do everything else

Both UI and LO haven´t update as is know on PC. But Both have additional content. For UI is free a very short, so I think no problem even with MC, for LO is for Microst Points, and about 100 MB of size. Well, that I hope, I´m not prettyx sure, that MC can be used as storage for this.

But none of them is required for playing, just some bonus.

Around the Network
Jinova said:

NICE!  Congrats!

I am still learning the ins and outs of my 360, so I wont be much help. But I will give my 2 cents.

1- That I do not know

2- Yes, its VERY easy.  I just did mine last night.  20g on Ebay for 27 bucks.

3- Still learnin here. I really hate the interface.

4- Yes,  Play and charge kit. Rechargable battery with USB cable, very handy.

5-  Still learning that too. Not much different than PSN, so far.

6- Silver and Gold.  Every game I tried to play online required me to upgrade to Gold. Silver seems to be only for downloading  demos etc.

7- Gears of War, Crackdown are the 2 reasons I jumped into the XBOX. I have my eye on Tales of Vesperia and Infinite Undiscovery and will pick those up soon.

Sorry if I wasnt much help, but Im just a baby Xbot at the moment.

Again, GRATS on both HD systems.  Life is good!!!

Thanks dude! :D

And thanks your info is greatly appreciated, so we're both 360 newbs! :P

Pristine20 said:
Nobody feels betrayed Seraphic, I'd buy a 360 myself if I saw the need for one.

After browsing your profile, I think you're more of a JRPG head like me. You should probably check out the old 360 JRPGs. They'll be cheaper now.

Can't tell you much about the interface other than the fact that I didn't like it either.

I'm pretty sure you can freely upgrade your HDD, the only problem is that you're restricted to M$ HDDs

XBL is M$ online service much like PSN. For the free version, you can access the the service but won't be able to play games online. I also think you should be able to download game updates with the free version.

I could be slightly wrong on some things because I don't have too much 360 experience but I feel pretty confident about my answers. Anyway, the xbox 360 honchos should be here soon.

I see, and agreed.

Crapy though the HDD is MS only, i wanted atleast 100GB on my 360 but oh well, i'll settle for 20 when the time comes. and thanks for the positive response. :P

If you want to get Tales of Vesperia, you should get around now.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=56828

YAY CONGRATS MAN! now we are truely brothers! do you have a wii? its the final fronteer! you must get one! you will be supreme! second only to me! MUAHAHAHAHAHA

If at first you don't succeed, you fail

SnowWhitesDrug said:
YAY CONGRATS MAN! now we are truely brothers! do you have a wii? its the final fronteer! you must get one! you will be supreme! second only to me! MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Thanks dude! :D

And Nay, i shalt nevar own a wii, im not a Fanboy towards the PS3 nor the 360, but im a Hi-Def Fanboy, and the wii....doesnt excel in that field, but then again, i dont think we'd wanna see Mario or Kibry in 720p to 1080p hi def now do we? Link fer sure though!