By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox vs Xbox 360 market shares

Hey endimion I added you to my friend list on Xbox Live!

Around the Network

lol ok but I don't have a gold membership right now though

how did you make your gamercard work on your sig ???? 

dag man..WTF (i mean freak not the other word) you get my drift right? anyway come endimion you got to step up!! What you forgot to renew??

lol nah I was too broke to renew lol :P

and I didn't buy any game since chrome hounds and GOW.... I rented some borrowed others a couple days... So not really worth buying a new gold... but I will definitely as soon as halo 3 is released and I buy one if it is the great game I think it will be

Numbers make sense....

Most games released so far are North American market oriented.

I would think over the next year you will see broader appeal as they are focusing on family, Japan, and some European game developers (Realtime, Remedy, etc.) are going to be releasing their big new games.

PS3 will put up a lot of competion because of their big releases in 2008...

I think Wii will be in 3rd by the end of 08 or first quarter 09.

Around the Network
endimion said:
ok didn't it occur to anybody that if they don't like US product it's because... USA droped 2 nuclear bombs on them less than 60 years ago ????? I mean I'm not saying they hate USA still today, but I would understand a certain conservatism in term of consumer behavior for that reason.... hell USA rename their Fries (yeah the congress changed back to French fries less than a year ago) and stopped buying wine just because we don't support their international policy....

Read this article I think it will answer some of your questions:

http://www.4colorrebellion.com/archives/2006/01/03/the-xbox-360-and-japanese-nationalism/

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

well first of nationalism and xenophobia are totally different..... you can be nationalist without being xenophobe....
it's exactly what I was saying.... you have to adapt the product.... which is a way to counter the nationalism of a culture.... MS is not doing it or not enough....
Hell the world hates Americanization so it's not only Japan... just that in Japan you have to adapt maybe more than another country....
that's why I'm not talking about a hate of USA but a certain kind of consumer behavior.... to which you have to adapt as a producer of a good.....

great article it's supporting what i'm saying.... even if it's not always clear... I mean pearl harbor is great proof of nationalism... after Vietnam it's the biggest kick in the nuts USA ever took lol....

what i'm saying is if you want to go their you really have to adapt where you don't really have to in EU.....so they are in fact nationalist to a certain extend.... it's not a bad thing I'd love EU being a little more nationalist...
but totally avoiding/ignoring history as an important element of the construction of a culture is as much ignorant than saying it's the only reason they don't like MS XB....

btw thank you for the article.. it's always cool to have an insider point of view lol.... it's like me who try to convince my friends in France about the qualities of the US :P
and in the US that French people are not gay, stinky, poor and pussies that capitulate lol :)

@Endimion: Micro$oft is shitty brand. And it doesn't help it a bit, when a)EU is fining Micro$oft b)Vista price is so high, compared to US.

All the operating system offers everything a regular user needs. With open source, you just don't have to pay for it, and you get better security. People just don't really know, that there are options to Windows. And most of them who do, think that (Linuxes) are hard to use (which isn't true).

Still in the 80:s, Sony was still known as a (somewhat) quality manufacturer. Today it's not anymore and it's no wonder.

Btw. You have pretty shortsighted view on things, considering what you said about social welfare and others.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

bdbdbd said:
@Endimion: Micro$oft is shitty brand. And it doesn't help it a bit, when a)EU is fining Micro$oft b)Vista price is so high, compared to US.

All the operating system offers everything a regular user needs. With open source, you just don't have to pay for it, and you get better security. People just don't really know, that there are options to Windows. And most of them who do, think that (Linuxes) are hard to use (which isn't true).

Still in the 80:s, Sony was still known as a (somewhat) quality manufacturer. Today it's not anymore and it's no wonder.

Btw. You have pretty shortsighted view on things, considering what you said about social welfare and others.

arf come on who is buying directly an OS today???? I mean either you buy a computer with it or you know enough about computer and usually go for the free solution or the illegal one..... the only people updating really are companies... and companies it's the ITs doing it.....

if MS was that shitty why most company in the world are rolling with it why most gov are using that than free distribution of other OS...

and btw open source doesn't mean free.... I used linux for years.... and I stoped because I don't see why I need it beside geeking... and i'm sorry but for aunt martha it's harder to use most distrib of linux than OS X or MS windows..... I have seen my mother try to use debian that was funny..... 

better security ??? WAOW I didn't know that people want to hack me everyday like the pentagone ???? and virus.... man most people doesn't know if they have an anti virus on their computer.... and if they do trust me they don't need to be on linux to protect their computer.....

I'm a freeware supporter open source supporter... but saying MS is shit is about as smart than people saying  Bush is stupid (I don't like Both though, doesn't make your feeling toward it true) it's not the best.... but it certainly not as bad as all the geek (me included) want to make the rest of the world think.... that's pure nerd jerk off anti trust and anti corporate america... with a good dose of cyber anarchism....

do you really think if MS was that bad most companies would chose windows CE or some derivative for their hardware.... hell even some rocket are using windows.... ATMs etc.... it would be really shitty would it be used ???? come on people have to get down from the planet Geek where everything has to be free linux and open source....

and if you attack someone you could at least quote to what you refer (that's for your last statement)