By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Would it bother you if the PS3 was Sony's last console?

M$....wouldn't even care.

$ony... aww just a little bit.

Nint£ndo... I would quit gaming.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

I'm not a PlayStation fan, but yes, it would. Why? Well, simply because competition is good for us gamers, and, even though i'm not a fan, i do like PlayStation brand, otherwise i would not own all PlayStation consoles to date (PS1, PS2, PSP and PS3). BTW, my preferred videogame brand is the Xbox.

nathantay said:
Snake said:
nathantay said:

No. It would make me happy.

You are just saying that because Sony destroyed SEGA and Dreamcast, and now SEGA is making games for Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft

That and I owned a PS1 and PS2 and thought they sucked.

Uhmm weird, PS1 lasted over 11 years, Sega Genesis lasted like 4 or something, PS1 sold 101 million, Genesis didn't sold more than 50 million, PS1 had the epic and historic games as its exclusives (tekken, crash bandicoot spyro, medievil, resident evil...). Dont even need to compare Dreamcast and PS2. Dreamcast is known in gaming world as ''failure console''

If the only alternative were Microsoft with their retarded paying for stuff that should be free policy I'd be seriously pissed off and most probably return to pc gaming only.

And if i get next gen machine I'd prefer if it were compatible with my ps2/ps3 collection.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Snake said:
nathantay said:
Snake said:
nathantay said:

No. It would make me happy.

You are just saying that because Sony destroyed SEGA and Dreamcast, and now SEGA is making games for Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft

That and I owned a PS1 and PS2 and thought they sucked.

Uhmm weird, PS1 lasted over 11 years, Sega Genesis lasted like 4 or something, PS1 sold 101 million, Genesis didn't sold more than 50 million, PS1 had the epic and historic games as its exclusives (tekken, crash bandicoot spyro, medievil, resident evil...). Dont even need to compare Dreamcast and PS2. Dreamcast is known in gaming world as ''failure console''

Impressive sales but that doesn't change my opinion that the PS1 and PS2 suck.

Around the Network

as long as someone filled the void when sony left, I wouldn't really care. Otherwise I'd probably stick to PC gaming.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

My first console ever was Nintendo 64. So not really.

It would be par for the course.

Sega made similar mistakes to Sony and they exited after the Dreamcast. Which ironically was imho their best console.

Sony may well fall victim to the old adage you need to give the people what they want. Not what you think they want

Is this a joke? Competition is good for the market! If one company dominates too much, it'll make'em lazy! None of them should quit the console race!
Except M$. I hate M$. I liked Sega consoles. Megadrive and Dreamcast made actual contributions to the gaming world. What did M$ did?
By the way, that last part is a complete rant. Don't take it as fact. It's supposed to be biased, cause I'm venting. Don't let it piss you off.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Yes, yes i would.