By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Would it bother you if the PS3 was Sony's last console?

I would care, it would be something I would enjoy seeing. After the FFVII thing, I would enjoy seeing sony fall out of the gaming market.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Around the Network

As long as Sony still put out their (amazing) games as third party, I wouldn't really care that much.

it would bother me becuase next generation i would feel like a hipocrite for buying an xbox

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.

Aiemond said:
I would care, it would be something I would enjoy seeing. After the FFVII thing, I would enjoy seeing sony fall out of the gaming market.

People like this still exist?

And usually they blame Squaresoft, and not Sony...

makingmusic476 said:
Aiemond said:

People like this still exist?

And usually they blame Squaresoft, and not Sony...

Well, its not as if I don't thin nintendo didn't make an error, but face it, there are still tons mad about the dreamcast, and how many ps3 fanboys are pissed at MS? Seriously? There are alot of people that don't care most of the time, but when they see the comapany that ticked them off back then go down, they think of it as what comes around goes around. Thats really what I would say I feel.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Around the Network

I would care if Sony left the market. They managed to get FFVII off of Nintendo.

outlawauron said:
I would. What would happen to all Sony game studios?

So many great games and we would lose some many great developers.

Well, they'd probably focus on software, published by Sony, for other systems.

No. Nintendo, on the other hand... I'd wear black for a week.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 

Yes actually it would bother i think Sony makes great consoles and great games but if it actually happens i would probaly buy another console anyway.

makingmusic476 said:
I like how Sony's internal developers have large budgets and free reign to focus exclusively on and make the most out of one platform. If Sony were to leave the hardware business, all that would come to an end, and it would suck.

this. i would either go pc only.

unless microsoft hardware start being reliable and their online free.