By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Would it bother you if the PS3 was Sony's last console?

I don't think I'd really care too much if any company went belly up.

Around the Network

no wouldn't care if any of the 3 consoles didn't make a new one. As long as that said company keeps making their games why would you care if your GT game is on a microsoft system or nintendo system. or if mario is on a sony or microsoft system.

personally i hope that next gen only has 2 systems. having 3 means to play all the exclusives you need to buy THREE systems instead of just TWO

YEs as like many people's childhood was started with nintendo

my childhood was started with a bit of SNES then suddenyl the PS1....so my true childhood was spent with the Ps1

it would pain me to see Playstation a brand that has reigned on consumer's minds go into the shadows.

As for consoles.....that would mean I would have to buy Microsoft's next offering

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Yes. I grew up with PlayStation!

i would care cause i prefer sony to ms but after about 5 minutes of intense soul searching i would just go on with living my life.

Around the Network

I would care because sony can't go out like that. People have to understand that every company will always have that one system that doesn't do as successful as the other consoles. Sony is having that problem this generation and I really think they can bounce back. The thing I can't stand the most about this society these days is they overthink everything. I understand that Sony is doing terrible compared to their past two generations but we have to remember we are only 3 1/2 years into this gaming generation. The next gen won't begin until 3 or 4 years from now. Sony still has plenty of time and I definitely don't think PS3 will be their last system. They are not going to take the same road Atari did in the console generation.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

No, aside from sympathy for people losing jobs, I'm glad to see companies with poor business models fall. It's all part of the market process, survival of the fittest.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

i grew up with PlayStation. Honestly, i excpect 360 to be last Microsoft's console, since they lost 6 billions on Xbox family

It would bother me, cause they have provided 3 generations of great systems and software.

I would be sad because there might be less competition next generation, unless someone else steps up to the plate, and takes Sony's place.
I just hope Sony would keep pumping out games, even if they stopped making consoles, they some great franchises and some great developers.