By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Has anyone done this? *Freaky & Weird*

The physics don't work out. I'm sorry, but if the physics don't work, it MUST be a trick, mind game or otherwise.

The closest explanation I've seen (which you've yet to confirm or deny, as if waiting to see an explanation that "works" the best) is the diamagnetic one, but scientists have barely managed to levitate a frog using massive magnets in a controlled environment.

Not one website or publication of any academic merit has a physics-grounded explanation for the kind of effect you're describing, so I can't believe it, even though I'd like to.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Around the Network

@ArtofAngels

If you don't believe me try it with your friends by being the person in the middle. The second time when they go to try to lift you you'll notice that your body will become rigid, just force it to remain relaxed and you'll see that your friends will have the same problem trying to lift you as they did on their first try.

legend11 explanation seems to be the best so far on here. It is certainly nothing mystical or to do with the devil or any crap like that. The human senses and mind can be easily tricked by something that has a logical answer. Quite obviously it is that you try harder second time without noticing because first time you failed to lift the person. And that the person in the middle feels more nervous (therefore his body is more tense/rigid) second time because they have been told that this amazing "trick" works, therefore is expecting to be lifted of the chair.

I am willing to bet if person E was knocked out, therefore body remains relaxed throughout the "trick" it would not work.

Lol at the diamagnetism explanation. I'm finishing my undergraduate in physics and I can assure that this is not the explanation (Not to say that I'm an expert of course, just that it doesn't make any sense). Even if the spin of the electrons of the body could be shifted by human hands (Which I don't know how in the world it could be possible, maybe internal magnetic field, but still, the human natural magnetic field is sooo small, a really strong magnet would work a lot better ^^), the effect would not be close to be enough to make a complete body levitate. Legend11 seems to have a really valid explanation, a rigid body is much more easy to support than a relaxed one which gravity center is always changing position randomly. Also, muscle memory could be the point, as mentioned above. Now that the brain knows what is the weight to lift, it is much easier to use the right strenght to lift the person. Hell, we all do this, lift an objet a first time, see that it is heavy, than put it back and lift it again to have a better grip. Not the same thing, but still, not so different.

As for the satanic explanation.................................electricity was also a satanic phenomenon 200 years ago ;) People like to use their religious beliefs to expain what they cannot understand, it has always been, and always will be. I don't like when some people try to frighten others with thingd like these.

I'm willing to bet quite a lot that Legend's explanation is correct. I'm especially willing to bet on Legend's explanation because my friends and I proved that's true a while back lol. If the person in the middle consciously remains relaxed it's just as hard the second time, no matter what. The person in the middle tenses up the second time due to the expectation of the second lift being different. They don't even have to know the trick for them to do this. Whether you recite an incantation or put your hands over their head, they are going to tense up knowing something is going to be different that time.

Edit: I should point out that the video shows this very clearly.  Look at how the guy in the middle bends the first time, but the second time remains stiff.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
I'm willing to bet quite a lot that Legend's explanation is correct. I'm especially willing to bet on Legend's explanation because my friends and I proved that's true a while back lol. If the person in the middle consciously remains relaxed it's just as hard the second time, no matter what. The person in the middle tenses up the second time due to the expectation of the second lift being different. They don't even have to know the trick for them to do this. Whether you recite an incantation or put your hands over their head, they are going to tense up knowing something is going to be different that time.

this is what i tried to say, but you worded it much better. 

nice topic lol

So if you do the hands over the head thing first you should be able to lift anyone no problem first try right? (for those who believe this has some kind of supernatural explanation).

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )