By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - US Software: Metascore and Sales

yes, US only. Hmmm I`ve used some of the VGCharts data for that. And both got most of their sales from the US.

Around the Network
sinha said:
elprincipe said:
Also we will want to keep in mind that Wii Sports is not included in this calculation. Perhaps you should do an alternate calculation with it included so we can compare the two. Some will want it included and some not.

What are the figures for Wii Sports software sold in the US separately from the free copy that comes prepackaged with the Wii?

No need to be a condescending ass.  Clearly you are leaving out something completely and it is affecting the numbers.  I merely suggested that two numbers for Wii was appropriate given the unique SKU configuration.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

No need to be a lazy ass. The Wii Sports US "sales" numbers are right on this site if you want to use them for something.
As far as the games per console number above, since Wii Sports is by definition "one game per console" as it comes WITH the console, just add a 1 to the number in the original post.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

I dont think WiiSports should be included because its a packin and has been since release so when people buy the console they may not want that game some might but alot will just see it has a free game that just shows you how to play with the Wiimote, which it does well.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)