By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Tales Of Vesperia Confirmed For PlayStation 3

There haven't been a huge number of RPGs this generation, but we saw a brief rash of them towards the end of last year (Valkyria Chronicles, Fable II, Eternal Sonata for the PS3, etc.), and it would help Sony if they could bring over a few more. It took a year for Sonata to finally arrive after it debuted on the Xbox 360, but at least it's finally here. Will we get Tales of Vesperia, too?

Well, here's the picture supposedly taken from the latest Famitsu, which - if authentic - proves that the current 360 exclusive will indeed come to the PS3 at some point. While the PS2 certainly took the lead in regards to the role-playing genre last generation, Microsoft has led the way thus far in this new era. But the PS3 is slowly catching up, and while we all have a long wait for Final Fantasy Versus XIII, we will get White Knight Chronicles this year, and if Vesperia shows up, that'll be a great help. If you're not familiar, Namco's new title is a continuation of the long-running and well-received Tales of Destiny franchise, and Vesperia met with widespread critical acclaim when it released in North America on August 26 last year. It's an RPG with strategy elements, and it's specifically designed to cater to all you JRPG fanatics out there. We haven't had many of them on the PS3 just yet, although slowly but surely, they're starting to hit the shelves.  Besides, this genre is a notoriously slow starter in most any new generation.

Here's hoping the pic is the real deal, and if it is, we'll be waiting on the official announcement. Who's really going to complain about another much-needed quality RPG for the PS3?

Related Game(s): Tales of Vesperia

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/4478.html

I hope it is released on the ps3.The ps3 deserves another rpg(which isnt a strategy rpg)

Around the Network

Wasn't this debunked? I thought the PS3 was getting an entirely seperate "Tales of" game.

Definitely possible.. I disliked that game though. Last gen effort.

HULK RUMOR SMASH!

If it´s a rumor, can it be confirmed? Or if it´s conformed, is it still rumor? Ehh, I´m getting feeling dizzy...

But isn´t already confirmed as fake? Or it´s still rumor about fake?

Around the Network

It was confirmed to be fake.

Using the word "rumor" and "confirmed" in the same thread title always makes me lol.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

SHMUPGurus said:
Using the word "rumor" and "confirmed" in the same thread title always makes me lol.

Especially after this was confirmed to be a false rumor.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

man great title. as many said it was already proven fake, and as many others said hilarious to see "RUMOR & CONFIRMED" together

This was confirmed to be FAKE and has thus been debunked, rofl. Never knew rumors can be confirmed, though.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*