By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Wii features

Hard drive. SD cards are too slow.

Around the Network

Either better online features or more flash memory.

Anyone one who's Wii is registered should automatic be in your friend list if they have the same game as you. They can set that as an optional setting if they want.

I've long since run out of memory. Now everytime I want to get a new wiiware/vc title I have to delete something(s) else. Very annoying, although to be truthful there's only so many you're actually playing at a time.

Graphics are fine, I just wish 3rd party developers would utilize the power the Wii has. I was just recently playing Dewy's Adventure and marveling at how much better the graphics are compare to 90% of games out for Wii.

DVD player? Meh.

Better Brawl online is what I want.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

More internal memory/hard drive.

More consistent on-line.

DVD playback.

HD graphical output.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Dolby DTS 5.1 surround. Pro Logic II needs to be retired.

Around the Network

If they had a hard drive you might find that better online would naturally follow since the hard drive would allow for downloadable demo's, patches, etc.

The only teeth strong enough to eat other teeth.

Roflinator said:
izaaz101 said:
Roflinator said:
I just think it needs a bigger internal memory.

Isn't there gonna be a solution anyways? Like allowing you to use SD cards. (Which are way bigger than the internal memory)

IIRC the SD "solution" allows you to download things from the store to your SD directly, however to play the game you downloaded, you must still copy it over to the internal memory (ie. you can't run the game directly from the SD card).

Oh god damn it.

At least I don't have to worry about getting these "LOL YOU NEED MORE SPACE TO DOWNOAD THIS GAME" messages.

EDIT: I hope the update that comes with it allows you to swap games (and doesn't take forever to do at that).

The storage solution will add an option to direct download to SD from the Shop Channel. However, Iwata's exact wording makes the rest of the solution somewhat ambiguous.

Personally, i think that they are doing what Guitar Hero: World Tour and Rock Band 2 are doing. They'll reserve 400 blocks or so of the internal memory, and temporarily load from the SD card into internal memory, and from there onward into RAM, but it could mean you still have to manually switch it around, but that it will be a much faster process overall

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

mike_intellivision said:
More internal memory/hard drive.

More consistent on-line.

DVD playback.

HD graphical output.

Mike from Morgantown

You want "Mike" from Morgantown as a feature? whOt does that even mean?!

LOL, i'm just f*N w/ u!

naewayz, storage solution would be great (regardless how nintendo does it: internal expansion, SD, USB Flash, whatever)

DVD playback is pointless, though possible through firmware - which i dont care about

graphics are fine; however that’s not condoning the many games out thurr w/ ridiculously poor graphics...

online can be hideous and improvement is a must... ie., EA Nation at least

Hmm...I guess that a better storage solution. Not necesarily a Hard drive because those can make the consoles get too warm.

I would like the the wii would let you use the saves from other users. I don't understand why they didn't allowed it =/

None of the above. What I want (though I agree it's totally against Nintendo's strategy, the entire game industry and in fact everything) is a Metroid level editor.