By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official VGChartz Killzone 2 Clan

nooooo i fucking hate airbots !

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network
Epoch said:
Pristine20 said:
I like this patch. Assault would become totally pointless when rpgs are banned!

Then they just gotta nerf that damn LMG!  =P

LMG is balanced lol. Most people who use it can't even shoot and you get no boosting, med packs, c4, bots, repair or any other beneficial perks (it's just you and what you can do with your gun; if it wasn't as powerful as it is, it would be pointless for anyone to use). I always laugh at n00bs screaming "how'd that guy kill me, I started shooting first and we're using the same gun". Thats what happened with those 2 lmg guys in that last clan match we won 7-0. They were the source of most of my kills. I even killed both of them together two times. I was crouched waiting by the steps downstairs during bc and they kept coming to get revenge. It was the medic that finally got me. The real test of skill comes at medium range. At very close range, anyone can get "lucky" HS (it happens at medium range too but is much rarer. I actually find that at medium range, I get waaay more "lucky" HS with the m82 than the sta3 by toggling the shots).

There are ways to deal with people spraying Sta3s. very close range is pretty hopeless and is all about who gets the "lucky" HS and odds are stacked towards the guy spraying tons of bullets very quickly (SMG is even worse than lmg in this case and even the assault rifles get lucky too. The reason why people have more trouble with the sta3 than the SMG sometimes even at close range is that the smg is pretty much only good for headshots and surprising people because it's hard to win a one to one with an SMG vs any other gun without HS whereas the lmg also has the option of spraying you to death easily) but at medium range, you should always move left to right (works well with an isa rifle).The main benefits of using an smg are mobility and HS at close range. I guess it's possible to outmaneuver with an SMG to win a 1 on 1 but it's rare and takes lots skillzl.

Remember that the sta3 guys have to stay immobile. If they move significantly to coordinate their aim, accuracy goes out the window and it's difficult to maintain precision while following a  target moving side to side (from experience, this is how I usually get owned by people using isa rifles...others make the mistake of crouching to shoot me at medium range). The other way is at  longer ranges which allow me to only hit the target once after wasting 10 bullets whereas the assault rifle has a green dot. Don't move only to one side because in my case, I just place the gun right where you're heading and spray there lol (It may work against other people because I'm not sure if everyone does this).

Things are quite hopeless in a narrow corridor at medium range against a decent sta3 user (in this case it does even matter if there is 1 person or 4 people, you can kill them all together when crouched and waiting with an sta3) so moving back is the only option with an isa rifle or any weapon for that matter except in rare cases where shotguns somehow kill from such ranges in one hit (this was the situation we kept finding ourselves in when we got destroyed by Bigunit's clan in radec)  you can also switch to the m4 and hope 4 a one shot kill because sta3 guys are usually stationary (and can't heal) which makes easy pickings for the m4 and snipers.

In my experience, success in kz2 seems to depend a lot on knowing your weapon vs your opponent's weapon lol.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

mtlca66 said:
do you guys send out mass messages on PSN for clan matches? cuz i leave my ps3 on with the "away" status if im not around and i get messages about matches. so i was wondering if it was mass messaged or specifically to me?

I mostly mass message. Unless you just came online.

8vs8 tourney coming up at 21:00 GMT+1 which mean 60 min left.

okay ill be there

Around the Network

Damn, Pristine, thats a freakin essay!  You could do a thesis on Killzone =P  Some good points in there, I like the tips on how to kill the lmg users.

Its a nasty weapon.  I hate coming around the corner and seeing a guy crouched, waitin.  You're dead before you can even get a bead on him.   Crafty swine -.- 

Is the patch live today ?

The patch should be out today, but I don't know if it's live yet.

In fact, I was about to ask the same thing.

btw when the new patch hits
remember tacky T's ..

Strategic placement. And flanking ! i keep saying this because it often doesn't happen. Even if you have to spawn, run back and around.. Please do it ! if you can get a spawn point over on the other side so we can flank them, they'll never know what hit them. If they need to focus in two completely different directions they'll have a hard time (for instance) defending.

I wish they would do something about that machine gun and the headshot spam.

FonzGemini said:
I wish they would do something about that machine gun and the headshot spam.

What?!?..... Who ?!?!  Headshot spam?  You mean tell the good players to stop aiming for the head?!? Thats crazy talk yo.  Cra-azy.