By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official VGChartz Killzone 2 Clan

Theo said:
Ok enough about cats, back to killzone 2.

Speaking of such, http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=49jKeGyUCJE the way the turrets materialise looks so cool. I wonder what it would be like in a 32 player match if a whole team were to be engineers and all make a big turret fort.

Yeah, the turret creation animation has been improved considerably over the beta.  It loks so cool.

And if I recall crrectly, only three or four turrets per team could be spawned on a map at any given time.  If you're the only engineer, you could build all of them for your team yourself.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
Euphoria14 said:
By the way, I need to pick myself up a new headset before this game arrives. I want something that has good quality sound, runs on bluetooth and does not cost too much.

Any suggestions? Should I just pick up Socom and use the headset from that? Is it any good?

Just get Socom. It's the best Bluetooth headset I've used, and it has special functions with the XMB that others wouldn't have.  If nothing else, just trade in Socom after the fact (which is what I did).

I heard the game is pretty good, though.  1UP gave it a C+ in their initial review, but changed it to a B+ when they re-reviewed it after a few patches.

Hopefully just the game alone can fetch a decent price. If I could at least get $20-25 back from it I would be very happy.

Had no idea about the XMB functions either, that alone will weigh heavily into my decision.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
makingmusic476 said:
Euphoria14 said:
By the way, I need to pick myself up a new headset before this game arrives. I want something that has good quality sound, runs on bluetooth and does not cost too much.

Any suggestions? Should I just pick up Socom and use the headset from that? Is it any good?

Just get Socom. It's the best Bluetooth headset I've used, and it has special functions with the XMB that others wouldn't have.  If nothing else, just trade in Socom after the fact (which is what I did).

I heard the game is pretty good, though.  1UP gave it a C+ in their initial review, but changed it to a B+ when they re-reviewed it after a few patches.

Hopefully just the game alone can fetch a decent price. If I could at least get $20-25 back from it I would be very happy.

Had no idea about the XMB functions either, that alone will weigh heavily into my decision.

The XMB functions are pretty nice.  It shows you how much battery life is left, when the headset connects to the ps3, when it disconnects, when you mute it, when you unmute it, etc.  It also has a high Quality mode that is enabled for some games.  Killzone 2 supports this, and during the game it was glaringly obvious who had the official headset and who didn't.

makingmusic476 said:
Euphoria14 said:
makingmusic476 said:
Euphoria14 said:

The XMB functions are pretty nice.  It shows you how much battery life is left, when the headset connects to the ps3, when it disconnects, when you mute it, when you unmute it, etc.  It also has a high Quality mode that is enabled for some games.  Killzone 2 supports this, and during the game it was glaringly obvious who had the official headset and who didn't.

That is all I needed to read.

Official headset it is.

Thanks a lot MM. Now I am off to go play Gea...... nevermind.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

makingmusic476 said:
Euphoria14 said:
makingmusic476 said:
Euphoria14 said:

MM, you know what other games support HQ mode? I can't find any specific info.

Around the Network

From an interview with Seb "MotherH" Downie of Guerrilla Games:

15) With features does it have the current Clan system, beside the valour points?

You get your own clan page where you can post news, challenge rivals and manage your clan in-game and also plenty of functionality on www.killzone.com that links back into the game.

I completely forgot about that! You can manage the clan from Killzone.com, including sending out and accepting invites!

@rainbird: I honestly don't know. I think Resistance 2 and LBP support it.  Or at least I'd assume all major (and recent) first/second party titles do.

@ MM

I would expect as much too.

And pretty neat about the clan-page, hopefully it will be a well-designed system!

Eurogamer review tomorrow :O

Wouldn't be surprised if they give an 8. Eurogamer are annoyingly tough.

That said, they somehow gave Resistance 2 a 9, so who knows...

Rainbird said:
makingmusic476 said:

I'll let Dallinor choose his officers, I suppose. I'd definitely recommend Rainbird as one of them, as he would've been my second choice as Euro clan leader.

@ Dallinor

I have a cat if that counts for anything

That definitely earns you bonus points in my book!

So yeah, if you'll accept the position Rainbird, you can be the first EU KZ2 clan officer. (You will need a mic though.)

Is 3 the official amount of officers available to a clan? I wouldn't want someone thinking they're going to be one, then on the day find out there's not enough titles to go around.

Anyone else that wants to be a officer can post here or send me a PM. Longer standing members on vgchartz will get priority as this clan is essentially based off the site.

@Rnfmonline - While very noble of you to nominate yourself take the above into consideration. If there isn't any interest from the older members though, you'll be next in line.