By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXIII demo is practically the price of a full game in Japan.

CGI-Quality said:
Final Fantasy: check.
Sony Playstation 3: check.
Land of the Rising Sun (Japan): check.
Conclusion...sales, potential, SALES!!!!!!!!

Fixed

Around the Network

well the blu-ray retails for 5000 yen, so it's not that much more money. I don't know who would want to pay 5000 yen for any movie though, it's insanely overpriced.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

L.C.E.C. said:
Kasz216 said:
L.C.E.C. said:
Kasz216 said:
Outcast said:
L.C.E.C. said:
Would someone like to inform me of the difference between "Piano Black" and "Cloud Black"?

Gloss/Matt.

Oh... I thought it was going to have like... a picture of cloud from FF7 on it.

Was looking foward to people all hyped beacuse they imported it and bought a second PS3 just because it had cloud's face on it.

I thought the same... or that it would have a giant VII or XIII on the side...

Yeah... i mean i legitamitly think it would squeeze some extra money out of goofy fanboys.  I'd be all over it if i were them.

Just don't make it ugly and therefore undesireable... like the Halo 360 model.

I know... I was like: "WTF? why is it so expensive & ugly?", and then I was like: "Why doesn't include Halo 3?". It just doesn't make sense...

STOP being jealous u jerk

If i didnt had a 2 PS3's i would get this bundle...dont care for how much

FinalEvangelion said:
outlawauron said:
Gilgamesh said:

What about Gran Turismo 5 prologue isn't that basically a demo and many people bought it at 60 bucks

It was only $40 in US.

And all movies are expensive. This isn't the exception or a high mark up. These things are just that expensive.

Yep, Anime is often $60 to $80 for about 3 24-minute episodes in Japan.  TBH, I was almost expecting the ACC with demo to be at least 8000 yen.

The full FF XIII game will probably retail around 9000 yen like SO4, but most stores will probably sell it for about 7000.

It's just the way things work in Japan.

And that still blows my mind.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
peshkavus said:
L.C.E.C. said:
Kasz216 said:
L.C.E.C. said:
Kasz216 said:
Outcast said:
L.C.E.C. said:
Would someone like to inform me of the difference between "Piano Black" and "Cloud Black"?

Gloss/Matt.

Oh... I thought it was going to have like... a picture of cloud from FF7 on it.

Was looking foward to people all hyped beacuse they imported it and bought a second PS3 just because it had cloud's face on it.

I thought the same... or that it would have a giant VII or XIII on the side...

Yeah... i mean i legitamitly think it would squeeze some extra money out of goofy fanboys.  I'd be all over it if i were them.

Just don't make it ugly and therefore undesireable... like the Halo 360 model.

I know... I was like: "WTF? why is it so expensive & ugly?", and then I was like: "Why doesn't include Halo 3?". It just doesn't make sense...

STOP being jealous u jerk

LOL, definitely not jeleaous... I'll keep my Pro over trading for a Halo 3-themed one any day...

The more I hear of S-E's recent practices, the more I despise Yoichi Wada but hey, buying the demo is "voluntary", why should I blame him?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler