By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXIII demo is practically the price of a full game in Japan.

superbeast1370 said:
I remember paying 50 bucks for the MGS2 demo.

That game was barely worth 50 bucks let alone the demo.

No demo is worth any bucks.

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Around the Network

Jeez lol...

Im still importing it regardless, just for the New Versus Trailer alone.

I wonder if they'll actually show Versus gameplay in that new trailer.

Drage said:

It's another 20 bucks for the Add on disc that shows gameplay.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

I'd probably buy it...

Around the Network
The_vagabond7 said:
Drage said:

It's another 20 bucks for the Add on disc that shows gameplay.

Holy...crap...

Still getting it. :D

I think i saw that the Blu Ray film without the demo is only like $11 cheaper, so its not like the demo is that expensive at all. People need to calm down.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Bladeneo said:
I think i saw that the Blu Ray film without the demo is only like $11 cheaper, so its not like the demo is that expensive at all. People need to calm down.

Usually movies, especially anime, is priced like ACC is in Japan.  Dark Knight was 5000 yen MSRP for the Blu-ray version.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Yeah, it's my understanding that all media is pretty expensive in Japan. Movies, music, all that jazz.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

if it sells 2 million, it might make them more money than the actual game itself!