By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXIII demo is practically the price of a full game in Japan.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/946/946177p1.html

The long and short of it,

The Final Fantasy XIII demo will be released with the blu-ray version of the movie Final Fantasy Advent Children. The kicker is that it will cost 65 dollars. Now I don't know if blu-rays are ridiculously expensive in Japan, but around here they are like 20 bucks. That is insane, but square knows people will buy it. There will also be limited edition 160 gig "cloud black" PS3s that come with FF advent children and the demo for 550 dollars. It's due out April 16.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

The_vagabond7 said:

It's due out April 16.

Damnit, the wait is even longer...

it will sell like crazy too...

You wanna have your opinion, then you have to respect different opinions as well.

it will sell like crazy, so they increased the price of the game. more money for them.

Sony must have had a part to play in the pricing as well, they want the bundles to make as much money as possible and it's pretty obvious the bundles will do great. This is easy money, people already going crazy and are going to import.

1.5 hour demo and a shitty movie, not bad at all.

Around the Network
RPG said:
Sony must have had a part to play in the pricing as well, they want the bundles to make as much money as possible and it's pretty obvious the bundles will do great. This is easy money, people already going crazy and are going to import.

1.5 hour demo and a shitty movie, not bad at all.

That's like three hours of entertainment! Deal of the century!

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

The_vagabond7 said:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/946/946177p1.html

The long and short of it,

The Final Fantasy XIII demo will be released with the blu-ray version of the movie Final Fantasy Advent Children. The kicker is that it will cost 65 dollars. Now I don't know if blu-rays are ridiculously expensive in Japan, but around here they are like 20 bucks. That is insane, but square knows people will buy it. There will also be limited edition 160 gig "cloud black" PS3s that come with FF advent children and the demo for 550 dollars. It's due out April 16.

As a sales man, I have a saying:

'A sucker is born every minute'

Square has it easy, they just get the suckers to come to them.  They put out a big sign that says 'Suckers come here give us your money'  except it says 'FFXIII demo 65 bucks' so people don't realise it so quick.

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Well that is typical SE, their products are very popular and they do take advantage of it charging ridicilous amounts of money.

They were talking about ways to make more moneyoff of the game besides the initial release sometime last year.

Sounds like they decided on it.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

I remember paying 50 bucks for the MGS2 demo.