By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS accused of hurting web browser competition

Gulp, here we go again. The European Commission is accusing Microsoft of unfairly dominating its competition by bundling Internet Explorer with its Windows OS. Yup, the very same argument heard in the US courts more than a decade ago after Netscape saw its 86% market share plummet in the face of a bundled IE. The commission, which already fined Microsoft $1.35 billion for anti-competitive practices in early 2008, has published the following preliminary view on the matter:

Link

they will probably get away with it

Around the Network

They can't win.

They make it as bad as possible, open to all manner of attacks, slow and just plain annoying.

Yet people still use the bloody thing!!!!!!!!!!

Stop bundling it and let everyone telnet Opera/Firefox/Chrome/IE.

That'll learn 'em.

Well I use Internet Explorer, and get this i use the evil Windows Vista. Works fine for me, I'm typing this right?

kowenicki said:

already posted

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=57285&page=5

strange how its always sony fans that post this kind of stuff...

It's the new form of console bashing.

Just post these kinds of bad news. Any question? Oh, I'm just reporting news.

It's lame and cowardish to boot. It screams "I wish I could shout my hate all over the forum in all caps but the mods would ban me, so instead I do this".

It happens with all the consoles and manufacturers, there's always lamers with big banners from competitors posting whatever negative piece of news that can be found.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Whats stupid is that this pre installed browser thing was dealt with in the 90's when netscape got pissed off.

Well goodluck to the EU, they already won almost 1 billion already so theyve done something wrong

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

I'm a web developer and I wish IE would burn in hell. What a tragedy.

It's retarded to blame Microsoft from including something which is free into their OS.

I'm a professional web developer and I know for a fact that while IE is the shittiest browser to develop for it is also the most secure one.

i think they(whoever is sueing them)  just need money so there like hey lets sue MS their loaded

This is what happens: M$ has some lame excuse why they bundle IE, EU puts up a fine on them until the issue is fixed, M$ keeps bundling the browser, EU puts up a bigger fine, M$ still bundles, EU ups the fine again, M$ still bundles etc...

@Coolestguyever: Why did you post an empty post?

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

bdbdbd said:

@Coolestguyever: Why did you post an empty post?

Haha that was a good one