By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I am getting annoyed by MS.

Huh??? The first half for 360 is a bit open, but that hardly means the year is...I don't about you, but I have about 10 games on the 360 I bought in the 3 month period at the end of 2008...and there is still another 4-5 I can see getting soon...I ned TIME to play all those games, not more games piled on right now...hopefully, we get some announcements in march timeframe.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

Microsoft has always had a nice line-up of core games every year.
And now that they are offering, basically, a secondary line-up of casual/relaxation games, they are abandoning their fans? Hmm, does that sound right to you?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

bdbdbd said:
@Hypnocronic: Wii isn't getting an HD version. Or do you have any logical reason for such to come? I mean, it's selling faster than anything so far, while Nintendo still experiences issues with supply and it's hardware is pretty irrelevant, it's sales are driven solely by software.

It's gonna get an HD version.  Nintendo will release HD when it becomes possible for them to make a profit on it.  With Sony and Microsoft execs both saying their consoles are gonna have a LONG life cycle (6 year MS, 10years Sony), Nintendo only has to add HD graphics vs an entire new system.  They already have an HD Wii on display at the Nintendo Store in New York.  It's gonna happen, just maybe not in the next year or so.  It will definitely happen before MS and Sony even hint at a new console.

hYpnochronic said:
bdbdbd said:
@Hypnocronic: Wii isn't getting an HD version. Or do you have any logical reason for such to come? I mean, it's selling faster than anything so far, while Nintendo still experiences issues with supply and it's hardware is pretty irrelevant, it's sales are driven solely by software.

It's gonna get an HD version. Nintendo will release HD when it becomes possible for them to make a profit on it. With Sony and Microsoft execs both saying their consoles are gonna have a LONG life cycle (6 year MS, 10years Sony), Nintendo only has to add HD graphics vs an entire new system. They already have an HD Wii on display at the Nintendo Store in New York. It's gonna happen, just maybe not in the next year or so. It will definitely happen before MS and Sony even hint at a new console.

Thats a drag, cus i'll have an SD hunk of junk lying around.

If it wasn't for wii fit/mario kart wii, I'd gave sold it ages ago.  (knowin an hd is comin)

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

@Just2Fresh: You're right. It can't. And that's the reason why Nintendo isn't doing it. And neither are 3rd parties anymore. This isn't 2007, that argument has been long dead.

And by all means, 360 priced below 200 and bundled with 2 games wouldn't be the most logical choice? Or PS2 below 150?
When you look at the price differencies, you maybe notice that price isn't driving Wii. Admittedly, PS3 is still too expensive, but that has to do with PS3:s appeal, not Wiis. If you're planning to buy PS3, it's 360 that's your primary option, not Wii.

Well, i don't know who would be so stupid to release only "casual" games, maybe Ubisoft, but definately not Nintendo, that would be leaving money on the table. But motion controls is the future.

Consoles have always been "outdated", that's just the nature of a system that's supposed to be on a market for atleast five years. If your system matches high-end PC at the time of its release, it isn't matching after two months anymore.

@Alby: Basically Nintendo is just about as eager as M$ in trying to achieve virtual monopoly, although Nintendo isn't building its strategy into achieving one (i'm talking about the companies core business).
If you look at the different companies, the ones that play their own business and knows blue oceans, are the most successful ones.

Nintendo does and will attack M$ (and Sony), but it's not doing it with the same rules M$ attacks Nintendo. Basically Nintendo attacks M$ with talent and M$ Nintendo with money. Frankly, i'm eager to see what will happen this year, it should be interesting now that Nintendo has stepped into competetive race.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

and LBP was hardcore???

@Hypnocronic: Six years for 360 before 720 comes out (2011) is my bet too. 2012 for PS4 and N6 seems plausible.
The "ten year plan" isn't really nothing but dry air coming from PR reps mouths. It's for the market to decide how long the console will live in the market. Ten years for Wii is easy to believe, for 360 and PS3 it's much harder.

You know, Nintendo could start to manufacture WiiHD and profit from it at the moment. It could have done it at launch (with the current price). I really doubt 2GHz Broadway and 400MHz Hollywood would be much more expensive than the current ones (and if we look at current processes, 65 nM). It would still lose to PS360 specswise, but differences would be mostly marginal.
Besides, why would Nintendo take away one of the reasons why people would upgrade to N6.

In fact, practically nothing implies at the market, that Nintendo would need WiiHD, it would only add costs and "would fuck the 3rd parties".

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

@bdbdbd:
Yes, this, MS always thinks its money is enough to deserve leadership or, better, monopoly, and that money can buy enough quality (but not a gram more) to make users accept it, other companies luckily don't think most users could accept such an attitude.
And yes, once MS thinks it's time to stop worrying about Sony and about time to target Nintendo, the clash will be very interesting to watch... This site could explode then!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

vess13 said:
and LBP was hardcore???

LBP is hardly a casual title.  It is supposed to be accessible because it is a platformer and has a cuteness level to it.  But it takes hardcore dedication to crank out levels for it.  And if you have seen some levels people did, the being hardcore committed comes through.  Some levels are just plain hard also.

People need to STOP defining hardcore as bucketloads of blood, and maximum gore.

they are not abandoning the hardcore, just recognizing the casual.