By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Quantum Theory Being Co-Published By Sony?

Rumor: Quantum Theory Being Co-Published By Sony?

Gears of War changed everyone’s life and expectations during this generation with its lusty visuals and action that required one to inject a couple of testosterone shots to keep them going all night long. PlayStation 3 owners felt jealous and incomplete then and have found enough solace in Killzone 2. Quantum Theory was the PS3 owner’s holler to Cliff Blezenski’s Gears of War franchise with a distinct Japanese flavor sprinkled to keep the imagination rolling and trigger happy fiends stuck to their favorite console.

However it so happens the Quartermann’s rumor mill on the pages on EGM’s final issue in circulation states a rather interesting footnote about the game.

Tecmo’s slick  PlayStation 3 exclusive shooter Quantum Theory might be getting a big boost when a larger co-publisher signs on to help push the game.

Now there can be either two possibilities that can be inferred from this excerpt, either Sony has offered to back Tecmo for the game just like Microsoft offered publishing assistance for the bloodfest Ninja Gaiden II. This would seem like the most logical explanation, since the game is a PlayStation 3 exclusive, and would also go on to show Sony’s commitment for third party developer support which has suffered a significant amount during this generation.

The other option would seem to open out for another big publisher on the lines of Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Activision, Gamecock or the rest of the publishing bunch helping out Tecmo in the publishing deal.  Most of the big publishers already a healthy line up of games on their table for 2009, so such a plausible option seems a rather far flung one, however if a situation like this would arise it would indicate the possibility of the game being a timed exclusive on the PlayStation 3 and being eventually released on other platforms.

WHY SONY WHY!! The game looks not so great!....please let this stay a rumor

http://v4vg.com/rumor-quantum-theory-being-co-published-by-sony/

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

never even heard of that game, will snake be in it?

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

what PS3 owners were jealous of GoW2? I think resistance 2 settled the PS3 owners from jealously.

Hopefully, if Sony does step in, the game will benefit from it, and who knows, it might be good?

I'm actually quite pumped for this game from what i've seen thus far.

Around the Network
chapset said:
never even heard of that game, will snake be in it?

yes.... along with kratos and  daniel fortesque

Check out my game about moles ^

Sony's involvment has increased my confidence in the project somewhat but i'm still not totaly convinced.

saxophonehero said:
what PS3 owners were jealous of GoW2? I think resistance 2 settled the PS3 owners from jealously.

Except that ps3 owners didn't actually buy R2.

I am actually interested in this game. If Sony steps in to help, the better it'll be.

@ staude,,,

Please dont forget to put the Sir in front of Daniel fortesque !!!! :) he's a Sir after all !!

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)