By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Killzone 2 Thread

killzone.com finally updated!!! new cool stuff... check it out guys!!!

Around the Network

This is an advert that's in Amsterdam

Battlefield Bad Company 2 > Modern Warfare 2

Aw, they said 'hell'.

Cool advertisement though. Also cool motion effect from a longer shutter speed, gotta love the random biker.

Info about the Assault class for online: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45913.html

Gametrailers are doing a countdown for Killzone 2 also, this is part of it.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 > Modern Warfare 2

http://www.gamespot.com/news/blogs/review-blog/909185210/26790707/killzone-2-the-multiplayer-maps.html

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Around the Network

Huge Thread for KZ2 above 1000 post Congrats to all who await the arrival of KZ2 including me!!!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

Killzone 2's multiplayer maps are some of the best on which I have ever fought. Most of them feature winding paths, various chokepoints, and clever placement of capture points, so even on the larger maps, there is no reason why you wouldn't be right in the thick of the action. You know how some shooter maps are great for, say, capture the flag, or deathmatch, but not for other modes? Killzone 2's maps may excel in some modes more than others, but possess no intrinsic weaknesses. And that's for the best, because matches string multiple modes seamlessly together, keeping you constantly on your toes and forcing you to switch gears several times in a single game.

And yes, the review is coming this week! In the meanwhile, I thought I'd fill you in on all eight maps that ship with Killzone 2, so I can give you further reasons to salivate.

Pyrrhus Rise

The dust blows past and rocky mesas rise from the desert sand. The derelict base in the center of this dusty purgatory is the perfect place for a skirmish, due to the three bridges that link the Helghast headquarters with that of the ISA. These overpasses create chokepoints where plenty of nail-biting firefights occur. However, a good squad will take advantage of an unoccupied bridge and bring the fight to the enemy. At the end of one bridge is a nice, tiny hiding spot where you can lie in wait for an unsuspecting foe, though there is no real camping in this game. Possibly my favorite map in Killzone 2.

Salamun Market

Explosions and flaming artillery fire light the skies in this moody marketplace. The crumbling buildings above ensure that battles occur on multiple levels, particularly in modes like Search and Retrieve, a variation on capture the flag. In cases like this, you may have to collect a propaganda speaker from a cramped room and return it to a more vulnerable position near the market stalls. By keeping the action hotspots moving, Killzone 2's multilevel maps succeed extremely well.

Helghan Industries

The Helghan and ISA bases on this map are parallel to each other, but a large multistory complex separates them. A mode like Search and Destroy forces teams to cross wider areas and meet head to head inside the claustrophobic stairwells, where I've found the shotgun to be eminently handy. Across the way, ramps lead you into an edifice that gives you a bit more room to maneuver. This is also an incredibly atmospheric map where loose pages fly in the wind and lightning flashes across the dark, ominous sky.

Visari Hammer

This cliffside base hovers over the planet below, and if you look towards the nearby city, note the towering mushroom cloud and reddish hue swathing the land. The map itself is somewhat of a U shape, but a central complex keeps teams constantly engaged. Capture and Hold is particularly fun on this map, as the control points on either side are exposed not just because they are in the open, but raised on a platform accessible by a stairway on either side.

Radec Academy

The highlight of this grey-tinted map is the courtyard in the center. The hallways surrounding this area and the balconied walkways above give you a lot of leeway on how to approach targets in the yard. If you have a close-range weapon like a shotgun, your sidearm may get a good workout here, though I've found the M82 to be eminently helpful here for its versatility.

Tharsis Depot

The way shafts of light flood into the interior environs of this map is stunning, though the action is the real star here. Overhead walkways keep battles raging above and below, and Bodycount (team deathmatch) is especially enjoyable, since the tight, blocky design means you have to be constantly on the move.

Blood Gracht

This map competes with Pyrrhus Rise as my favorite battleground in the game. Winding stairways and underground tunnels provide plenty of chokepoints, and a gulley above which power lines shake in the wind offers plenty of team vs. team showdowns. As if there wasn't enough tension, bolts of lightning flash across the sky and even strike the surrounding buildings. Crank up the sound when playing on this one--you might actually jump out of your chair.

Corinth Crossing

This dockside map is also great in Capture and Hold, thanks to exposed capture points stranded at the end of the walkways that hover over the water, and a center control node on a platform above. Talk about intense action--the ensuing firefights are amongst the best in the game here, though a gaping hole in the central platform can help make for a quick getaway. Don't gaze at the pretty water for too long, or you'll be toast.

t.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

Wow, thanks for info Bullet =)

I just saw my first Killzone 2 ad during Monday night RAW at USA network, it was the bullet ad one.

I saw first Killzone 2 ad yesterday here in Sweden, i was waiting for 2 and a half men to start but right before the start it all turned black out came an Helgast soldier and then they showed how the game plays and a voice said this program is sponsored by Killzone 2