By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Killzone 2 Thread

Bullet100000 said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz8sIGlLbo0

Watch in high quality!!!

that is an EPIC intro if ive ever seen one..... def. looks worth all the hype.... KILLZONE 2 BABYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network

It's a shame that Metacritic won't include the Spanish PS magazine review.

Otherwise, we'd be sitting at 96/100 now.

Cool intro video.

RIP "Time to die!" and "I am cold! Right now, I can't feel my nuts!"

OK, I left the Maxim review there but not counted it into the average. If Maxim does somehing that resembles more closely to a review, I'll re-count it.

"Maxim: 3.5/5 (70%) (not counted into average due to unanimous request of the thread posters)
"Impressive lighting effects, motion blur, and graphics make this first person shooter the hottest girl at the ball, if not quite the best dancer.""

i still do not understand that review. is that all they said about it?

Around the Network
markers said:
"Maxim: 3.5/5 (70%) (not counted into average due to unanimous request of the thread posters)
"Impressive lighting effects, motion blur, and graphics make this first person shooter the hottest girl at the ball, if not quite the best dancer.""

Yes, that was the whole review

zexen_lowe said:
markers said:

Yes, that was the whole review

heck didnt even know maxim magazine did game reviews, must be a new trend. maxim is a guys mag, hot chicks and all that good stuff. anywho quick look on their site they gave resistance 2 5/5 (http://maxim.com/entertainment/archive.aspx?type_id=4)

hmm...

markers said:

Hot, but not the best dancer.

What's not to understand? Sounds like they were mind-blown by the graphics but couldn't get past the controls, which is and will always be the most common complaint about KZ2. It doesn't control like a hyperspeed floating camera, so some people will never like it just for that reason.

This flap about the Maxim score is silly. What? Do you guys just want to ignore every non-90+ score that KZ2 gets? Some people are just not going to like the game! Big eff'ing deal. I don't know what county, or delusional fantasy world, some of you guys are living in, but in the real world, people actually read Maxim magazine. If I told my friends that Maxim gave a game 3.5 stars out of 5, but MEGamer gave it a 99, they'd go by the Maxim score, because that's a publication that more than seven people in the US have actually heard of before.

It's just one review, and it isn't even a bad one. Get over it.

Dryden said:
markers said:

What's not to understand? Sounds like they were mind-blown by the graphics but couldn't get past the controls, which is and will always be the most common complaint about KZ2. It doesn't control like a hyperspeed floating camera, so some people will never like it just for that reason.

This flap about the Maxim score is silly. What? Do you guys just want to ignore every non-90+ score that KZ2 gets? Some people are just not going to like the game! Big eff'ing deal. I don't know what county, or delusional fantasy world, some of you guys are living in, but in the real world, people actually read Maxim magazine. If I told my friends that Maxim gave a game 3.5 stars out of 5, but MEGamer gave it a 99, they'd go by the Maxim score, because that's a publication that more than seven people in the US have actually heard of before.

sorry for wanting a more in-depth review. *slips chill pill in your drink*

Dryden said:
markers said:

No, what's silly is trusting two sentences (yes, that's the WHOLE review) and a score. Thus, we've pointed out that if Maxim were to actually go in-depth, it can be counted.