By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Killzone 2 Thread

Just started playing Warzone, it's pretty hard but I love it. It's not about running everywhere and jumping (like Resistance), it's mostly about patience and precision (except for those damn shotgun huggers!).

My k/d so far is 39/29.

Around the Network
BxN said:
Just started playing Warzone, it's pretty hard but I love it. It's not about running everywhere and jumping (like Resistance), it's mostly about patience and precision (except for those damn shotgun huggers!).

My k/d so far is 39/29.

getting into it takes some time yes.. and those shotgun buggers are annoying.. but i do believe that they have become fewer .. more people using the isa rifle again..been playing a few quite pleasant matchtes lately without grenades spammers.. shotgun buggers (the now official term for those people ) and spawn rushers/campers.. and once you turn the sensitivity to max..and got used to this you will be having a blast because you will hit things : ) even i can do it and i use to be horrible with console fps and dont be intimidated when you enter a match where everyone has a higher rank.. chances are most of them grinded exp with bots ..thats no longer possible so people have to actually be good to rank up. and it seems that the shotgun is going to be .in some way changed in the next update.. so the only real complaint i have with mp will be dealt with.. hopefully..then they can focus more on using rocket launchers :D anyway have fun playing online sir

Finally beat the game today. Since the trophy for beating the game for the first time is for any difficulty, I said screw it and played the last section (or two) of the final level on normal which made me feel bad because I had played till that point on veteran. 

Clocked in at just under eight hours. The campaign was pretty intense though it could have used some more story and even bigger environments to house intense battles (I guess I have a thing for chaotic events). Playing on veteran made things even more intense and it felt pretty cool in the crazier levels (like the bridge one) to have the firefights feel slower due to how much damage enemies took and how cover becomes a must if you want to keep going.

Probably the biggest fun killer though was your squad's AI and ability (or lack thereof) to keep their bodies from being riddled with bullets. Sometimes it felt like every couple of seconds one of them would go down and you'd have to hear them whine and complain at you until you risked your own safety to revive them.... Only to see them take a couple of steps before going down yet again.

The graphics are really nice with lots of cool effects and the animations are superb. You do get some weird glitches every now and then like when you shoot and kill an enemy, his body suddenly slides off across the floor. The mid-level loading hitches didn't bother me at all. The worst ones can last around three seconds, but they're usually real quick and painless. It's nice that it all happens without bringing up a loading screen like the ones between levels. Not only that, it's great that they could accomplish all this without any installations.

The controls WILL take some getting used to. I wont get into the arguments going on about them, but just know that aiming isn't going to feel the same as COD4. Though this is mainly with singleplayer, the aiming feels more natural in multiplayer. As a whole, I didn't find singleplayer or multiplayer aiming that difficult to adjust to.

So in the end, I'd say it's a good game, but not the end all be all of shooters. Though that's rather obvious.

I fucking hate Rico.....

*edit* - The last level is so freaken hard.........

MaxwellGT2000 said:
the only thing that bugs me is the fact you have to unlock everything instead of getting your base set of weapons and things to do and unlocking more.
The stages can be a bit too big even for 32 players, I was on one map looking around for a good minute and a half without seeing any enemies until I randomly was shot in the head by a guy that just came out of their side of the base so likely just lucky enough to spawn at that time.

I love that you have to unlock everything, and matchmaking insures that you aren't overpowered.  The starting weapon is great, anyway.

As for the maps, some of them should be large.  32 people is way too much for at least half the maps.  I love doing it, but it's pretty much chaos and feels like UT or Quake.  It's the easiest to level with at least.  For variety's sake, though, 1 map should always be large.  Tacticians can make large maps a non-issue, too, as well as the Squad system.

Just finished the game. Last level was very hard for me, but last boss battle was easy.

Around the Network
shanbcn said:
Just finished the game. Last level was very hard for me, but last boss battle was easy.

Funny, that's how I found it too.

I kept getting killed completely out the blue during the final waves of bad guys, then took down the actual boss with no problems, didn't die once and got the Trophy for getting rid of him in under 20 min right away.

Of course, focusing on one guy vs running for ammo and getting wacked from behind by a rocket you didn't even realise was heading for your teammate who's hiding next to the ammo point is a bit easier in some ways.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

windbane said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
the only thing that bugs me is the fact you have to unlock everything instead of getting your base set of weapons and things to do and unlocking more.
The stages can be a bit too big even for 32 players, I was on one map looking around for a good minute and a half without seeing any enemies until I randomly was shot in the head by a guy that just came out of their side of the base so likely just lucky enough to spawn at that time.

I love that you have to unlock everything, and matchmaking insures that you aren't overpowered.  The starting weapon is great, anyway.

As for the maps, some of them should be large.  32 people is way too much for at least half the maps.  I love doing it, but it's pretty much chaos and feels like UT or Quake.  It's the easiest to level with at least.  For variety's sake, though, 1 map should always be large.  Tacticians can make large maps a non-issue, too, as well as the Squad system.

I get destroyed by people with shotguns... andi t's going to take forever to level up, especially fighting people with better equipment. 

I can't even remember the name of the map I just know it was mostly red and large and what made it impossible to find anyone was how many levels you could be fighting on.  Also I never got the feeling of Quake, especially not Unreal, this game has a more CoD 1 & 2 feel with the leveling system of something like Halo.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

You could search for games with rank limits rather than playing with people who already have everything unlocked.

I get annoyed by the shotguns too. The only advice is to just keep your distance so the aim assist and damage wont be too severe.

i have been playing a lot of online with the repair badge lately.. and i noticed... when i repair ammo crates and machine guns.. they are barely used... do people just not know that you can use them ?

well for those that didnt know yet.. you all noticed the good for nothing machine guns on the map ..and maybe some wrecked metal boxes ?

once one of your team repaired those they are visible on the mini map as a square box ..for the ammo crate.. and what looks like a sentry gun symbol for the machine gun and can be used by pressing O

those mgs can keep spawn rushing buggers at bay.. and the boxes give you some ammo and grenades

now go make those engineers happy by using their stuff :)

To give everyone a heads up:  If you're playing online and finding the game crashing, its due to a bug with the Saboteur.  I've had it happen twice now, so I won't be using him.  Something to do with his disguise ability. GG fixing it in next patch.