By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Killzone 2 Thread

Yeah, I was saying 7-7.5 hours for game completion...no way in hell. I've been playing for 7.5 hours already. Looking more like 8.5...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

I'll maybe post fuller impressions later, but so far I think its very good, having played most of SP, a number of bot matches to see how they perform and MP of course.

I'm a little surprised some elements from SP weren't used more. I'm not talking silly padding amounts but just some repeats of some of the cooler stuff. For example more use of destructible elements (I've only really seen 2 stand out so far), a bit more vehicle/mech use, etc. but then I guess you always want more of something you enjoy.

It's hovering around a 92% game for me at the moment - very good indeed.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Here is an online tip for Killzone 2 players.
General rank on Killzone 2 can be achieved very quickly say less than four hours. Fill the online game with low end bots and that allows players to rank up very quickly. Every time you level up you get extra stuff and of course trophies.

Kantor said:
Wow. The last level is unfairly difficult. There are Helghast everywhere! Behind you, in front of you, to the left, to the right, and when you kill them, more keep coming! It's also really hardware intensive, I'm beginning to see some frame rate drops now. The game almost froze at one point.

what worked for me was ..as soon as radec points at rico yelling "kill the fat one first" get the mg or the assault rifle and take cover behind the barrier that is close to the door

once those dudes with the flamethrowers show up pull back to the door and try to get them at close range after they are dead the rest is easy to the next checkpoint

then you have to get up the stairs , again try to get the flamethrower with the shotgun, switch to the sniper rifle and kill whatever comes down the main stairs

after a while they will try to flank you so be aware to kill them before they reach you or rico

if you managed to survive so far 3 or 4 soldiers with rocket launchers will show up

hiding in the staircase to level one and wait till they fire at rico to fire back at them worked for me ..its also a good place to hide and wait for them to come to get to you

the fight with radec can be hard if you dont know what to do get a gun that is good at long range and ok at close range so no sniper rifle or shotgun when he shoots at you take cover and fill him with lead once he reloads then he will cloak and try to get you in close combat just look out for the cloaking noise and fill him with lead again once he tries to rush at you

and then watch rico ruin any effort for a satisfiying ending : D

numonex said:

General rank on Killzone 2 can be achieved very quickly say less than four hours. Fill the online game with low end bots and that allows players to rank up very quickly. Every time you level up you get extra stuff and of course trophies.

that doesent work anymore since they took out online bots for just that reason ..as the point in leveling up is to show that you are getting better if all you do is kill stupid bots youll just be a nother general with a shotgun who sucks with anything else

Around the Network
terislb said:
numonex said:

that doesent work anymore since they took out online bots for just that reason ..as the point in leveling up is to show that you are getting better if all you do is kill stupid bots youll just be a nother general with a shotgun who sucks with anything else

Numonex is correct. Im killing people left and right who are in the top 1 percent last week cause they just killed bots. I unlocked scout day 1 the hard way. Earn it, and just so you know once you are higher ranked you can't join lower ranked games. Which means the people who are actually really good are just going to slaughter you.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

i think thats what i said and not numorex :)

as for kantor.. to really explain where my complains are.. "back in my days" fps were all about singleplayer and multiplayer was just a gimmik

nowdays that focus has change to at least a ratio of 50:50 if not more in the favour of mp

so if you put less effort in singleplayer because todays games long time playability lies in its multiplayer it of course cant compete with the older games that still focused on telling a story

terislb said:
i think thats what i said and not numorex :)

as for kantor.. to really explain where my complains are.. "back in my days" fps were all about singleplayer and multiplayer was just a gimmik

nowdays that focus has change to at least a ratio of 50:50 if not more in the favour of mp

so if you put less effort in singleplayer because todays games long time playability lies in its multiplayer it of course cant compete with the older games that still focused on telling a story

What can I say? War has changed.

BioShock is an FPS of sorts, it's dedicated to telling a story. It's an excellent game, but it had no multiplayer, and suffered. Under 3 million sales. Very good for a game, not great for an FPS.

The company's job, first and foremost, is to make money. A purely single player FPS won't do that, sadly. It would be nice if more FPS games put care into the campaign, while still having good multiplayer. Killzone 2 is better than most in this regard *cough UT3 Bad Company cough*.

Of course, in the days of Deus Ex, Quake and UT were there...I suppose there were SP FPS games, and MP FPS games. They focused on one or the other. The other was an afterthought. Modern FPS games are 50/50, like you said. That's good, I suppose.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

well i gues the reason with bioshock is not that its lacking multiplayer but.rahter that it has no multiplayer but still is just like other current gen shooters but those can claim multiplayer as a redeeming feature whereas bioshock can  not

people got less than they expected yes its a nice game but it never had the amount of freedom and features that were promised /announced by the devs and its essentially just system shock 2 with simplified mechanics to fit the console market

whereas people expected a worthy successor to system shock 2

my argument was that a game that does both single player and multiplayer good is a 9 but neither halo killzone or cod can be categorized as such

and dont even get me started on ut 3 that was the epitome of gimmiky singleplayer :D

*doh* stupid samurai...yeah what teris said

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2