By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bioshock reviews compared to Oblivion , Gears Of War , Halo and Zelda TP

endimion said:
ckmlb said:
This is why these gameranking sites should only include the bigger reviewers, the smaller ones are filled with amateur and stupid reviewers.

Anyway when a new franchise is beating the scores of the latest Zelda game, I think that says a lot.

I always prefer a brand new IP becoming game of the year over a sequel.

agreed... we need some new stuff... I'm tired to have always new sequels... even if they are good....some fresh blood is always good if it's AAA IP's it challenge the other dev studio to take some risk devloping new IPs

@mitsuhide

yeah maybe Mass Effect could get a good score too... it looks nice and it's the kotor team... they should get a good score too 

Uh . . . Bioshock IS a sequel.  System Shock 2 anyone?  [A spiritual sequel yes, but a sequel nonetheless]

Around the Network
mitsuhide said:
No your not but off the top of my head i get 98%.

Anyway i think the only game this year that has a shot of topping these reviews is Halo3 but i think it will stay Bioshock.

From 360's lineup, maybe, i personally don't think Halo 3 will get close to Bioshocks review scores though

Well, clearly it must be a better game than Zelda, then.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 

This game seems like it could be better then Halo 3...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

leo-j said:
This might be the best game on 360 yet.

That's an understatement. So far, it's all-time #2 on gamerankings, only under Ocarina of Time.

I'm not sure how to find an all-time list (for games or other media) on Metacritic.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

Going to be hard for Halo 3 to top these Bioshock reviews