By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Yahoo to masses: Don't buy a PS3 til April

Yahoo is not really to blame. PS3's price drop is so expected it was bound to happen. Analysts, journalists, investors, detractors, EVERYBODY wonders when the price drop will happen and what effect it will have.

Yet this is KILLING Sony... The more people know about the rumoured April price drop :

- the least PS3's will be sold at the barely bearable present price

- the most PS3's will be sold at april's bleeding price

- the more pressure there is on how much the price will drop (if it's only 50 $ or euros there will be huuuuge disappointed reactions)

- the more a counter price drop for the 360 will seem like a killer move

God i hate fanboys, almost as much as they hate facts

“If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” Antoine de St-Exupery

+2Q  -2N  (to be read in french)

Around the Network

Classical MS (or just american ?) propaganda

completely expected.

EDIT : +1 for HappySqurriel last post

Time to Work !

it's common sense.

Even if it were true, it's just $100. I'll spend that much on McDonald's this month. Waiting 3-4 months to (maybe) save a C-note?

Yahoo said:
The Playstation 3 is heading into 2009 with a bumper lineup of upcoming exclusive games, including Killzone 2, Uncharted 2, God of War 3, and superhero-themed DC Universe Online,

Wait a minute, did Yahoo just praise the PS3?
THE SKY IS FALLING!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

I was gonna get a PS3 alittle early if they released the Killzone 2 bundle here. That would be a good buy considering the game would have ran $60 anyways, but Sony blew it.

Now I would say, why not wait till April? The pressure is on Sony from multiple people to drop the price by the end of April, and by then everyone will be receiving their tax rebates (at the latest) so It's perfect time to sell it at a lower price.

Buying it now and losing out on a $100 savings isn't worth it to me in this current economy. Maybe if I had 3 SF HD Remix kits to resell on eBay but I don't.

It's just that simple.

There is a degree of irony here. I have read thread after thread on here how Sony MUST drop prices to remain competitive, and if they do, that act alone will turn the table (Gee, I think Patcher said the same thing). Now in this article he does this, and people call him a "hater", and Yahoo the same thing because of it? People here even stated Sony will drop the price of the PS3 soon. Actually even sooner than Patcher stated.

Using that reasoning, VG Chartz is BY FAR more of a Sony hater than Yahoo, and has many more haters writing for it than Yahoo does.

i would laugh if April comes and goes with no price cut. That would make everyone reporting this look like fools.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Even if they look like fools it wouldn't change the fact people won't buy a PS3 till the $300 price strikes. Atleast I'm not, I already have a 360 I just wanted a blu-ray player and a few extra good games (MGS, Killzone) but mainly a blu-ray player. I figure a $300 PS3 is a much better value then a $200 stand alone blu-ray player but at $400 It's debatable.

It's just that simple.

Cueil said:
Patcher is something like 60 percent on his predictions... that's asstons better than the lot of you haha

PS3 will drop price in April.

PS3 will not drop price in April.

I am guaranteed to be 50% right. That's pretty close to Patcher.