By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I still think Ocarina of Time is the best Zelda game. For the amount of time that was put into its development and the overall amazing cinematic style that even current gen games can't seem to match. Not to mention the fact that you still want to go back and play it time and time again, which is how you know a good Zelda game has done its job. The best way to play the game is skipping all the Heart Containers and sticking to just 3 hearts.

But that leads into what I think is the next best Zelda game for me. The original Legend of Zelda. A game with a good balance of difficulty and reward. And for an NES game, it was amazing how this well put together gameplay and graphics still hold up to this day. Add to this a second quest that will still challenge a seasoned Zelda player with a hefty set of goals and hours of fun...you have the complete Zelda experience.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Around the Network

Well to me it was the original.

I guess a lot of times it just comes downt to what you played first, but yeah to me nothing will replace the original.

One of the main reasons comes down to, I just feal a greater sense of freedom with that one compared to all the others. I love that in the original you can pretty much run all over the world, yeah yu need to pick up a couple items to go "everywhere" but you weren't too limited in your travels, If you wanted to do the whole game backwards you pretty much could. You cold defeat Castle 8 first if you knew how. I just don't like that now that games are "bigger and better" they are far more constrictive.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Commando said:
Well to me it was the original.

I guess a lot of times it just comes downt to what you played first, but yeah to me nothing will replace the original.

One of the main reasons comes down to, I just feal a greater sense of freedom with that one compared to all the others. I love that in the original you can pretty much run all over the world, yeah yu need to pick up a couple items to go "everywhere" but you weren't too limited in your travels, If you wanted to do the whole game backwards you pretty much could. You cold defeat Castle 8 first if you knew how. I just don't like that now that games are "bigger and better" they are far more constrictive.

I was tempted to vote the same. When I was a kid, I used to play Zelda all day long, and dream it at night. And yes, the exploration has never been topped. Well, in ways it has, but like you said, it's all much more linear now.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

My favorites:

1. Ocarina of Time
2. Majora's Mask
3. Twilight Princess
4. Wind Waker

i played Lttp only for the GBA and was VERY unimpressed. Just seem like a gimped zelda game... seems to me OoT and beyond just improved on everything.

Around the Network

Ocarina, riding the horse was too awesome.

It's too hard to choose one, but I'll either go with Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, and Ocarina.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Cool banner, c03n3nj0!

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

majoras mask

Kenryoku_Maxis said:

I still think Ocarina of Time is the best Zelda game. For the amount of time that was put into its development and the overall amazing cinematic style that even current gen games can't seem to match. Not to mention the fact that you still want to go back and play it time and time again, which is how you know a good Zelda game has done its job. The best way to play the game is skipping all the Heart Containers and sticking to just 3 hearts.

But that leads into what I think is the next best Zelda game for me. The original Legend of Zelda. A game with a good balance of difficulty and reward. And for an NES game, it was amazing how this well put together gameplay and graphics still hold up to this day. Add to this a second quest that will still challenge a seasoned Zelda player with a hefty set of goals and hours of fun...you have the complete Zelda experience.

thanks for your opinion on "best Zelda Game". I must say that it's reflect what i'm thinking. OOT is maybe the best of the series (or the most important...) but the first Zelda on NES was special at a time where no other game could'nt match that quality