By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is it, that Street Fighter IV has not gotten the attention it should?

Rainbird said:
Because Street Fighter IV is bringing about a great amount of nostalgia to the fans, and all the rest of us go "What is the big deal?"

YES! THIS.

Around the Network

Cause we all know that "Ultimate Hyper Street Fighter IV Special Third Strike Turbo Online Champion Edition" is the version to get... it's still a few years away but there will be a better SFIV.. like always..
*looks at his 11 street fighter games.. sigh..*

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

nordlead said:
Tbone said:
Nordlead.

Is Turbo remix any good.

I really like it. It is hard too. I used to be able to beat Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyperfighting on the hardest dificulty back on the SNES when I was much younger. I can beat SSFIITurbo:HDRemix on normal and that is it. They made some changes to balance out the characters which I think worked really well, but if you want to go back to the old style, it is still there.

The online is decent. I'm yet to play someone else other than random people. The lag isn't bad, and it depends on the match, but overall it works.

Overall, I like it just as much as SFIITurbo:Hyperfiting, and it is well worth the $15.

Good to hear as Street fighter is one of my favorite games, i would try this out but problem is it hasnt been released in Europe yet but i am looking forward to Street fighter 4. Are u going to get it aswell.

dnnc said:

well!! why??

Street Fighter IV is getting massive amounts of attention?  Its eclipsing all other fighters in hype and news.  Now where's the attention being given to King of Fighters XII?

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/277979.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/277579.html

Six upcoming games you should look into:

because its not on Wii

hello how are you.

Around the Network
arsenicazure said:
yea looking at VF5, SC4,DOA4 sales I think fighting games are on the decline.. which is sad.. coz i enjoy those a lot. SF4 should put the spotlight back on the classic series though.. I havent got a chance to play the arcade yet .. and as long as this isnt SF EX rehashed im all for it!

im not so sure about this. smash bros is about to outsell halo afterall. i think there is like a .2 difference right now, and smash bros is outselling it consistantly each week.

They gave SFIII characters the shaft and got rid of parries. Thus, it hasn't gotten much attention from me.

I'd buy a SFIII: TS HD day one, however.

Everyone is still playing SF2?

Tbone said:
nordlead said:
Tbone said:
Nordlead.

Is Turbo remix any good.

I really like it. It is hard too. I used to be able to beat Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyperfighting on the hardest dificulty back on the SNES when I was much younger. I can beat SSFIITurbo:HDRemix on normal and that is it. They made some changes to balance out the characters which I think worked really well, but if you want to go back to the old style, it is still there.

The online is decent. I'm yet to play someone else other than random people. The lag isn't bad, and it depends on the match, but overall it works.

Overall, I like it just as much as SFIITurbo:Hyperfiting, and it is well worth the $15.

Good to hear as Street fighter is one of my favorite games, i would try this out but problem is it hasnt been released in Europe yet but i am looking forward to Street fighter 4. Are u going to get it aswell.

Probably not until it gets cheap. Part of the reason I got Super Street Fighter II Turbo: HD Remix was because I like street fighter, but I didn't feel like paying $60 for it, so it seemed like II was the way to go.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

angrypoolman said:
arsenicazure said:
yea looking at VF5, SC4,DOA4 sales I think fighting games are on the decline.. which is sad.. coz i enjoy those a lot. SF4 should put the spotlight back on the classic series though.. I havent got a chance to play the arcade yet .. and as long as this isnt SF EX rehashed im all for it!

im not so sure about this. smash bros is about to outsell halo afterall. i think there is like a .2 difference right now, and smash bros is outselling it consistantly each week.

True. But smash bros is pretty much the "only" AAA fighting game on the wii- and it has nintendo characters+sonic
+snake= big money. We used to get new Virtua fighters/ Mkombats,tekkens almost every other year. Now we get VF every 4 years and tekken 6 is so long in the tooth I dont even know why theyr bothering.

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business