By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGChartz Polls and Fanboyism

nordlead said:
DMeisterJ said:

Maybe Wii Fans don't vote?

The Wii one at 41 million was made in september, when we didn't know how well the Wii would do, and the 360 one was when the PS3 had just stopped outselling it for 37 straight weeks.

But yeah, let's blame it all on the PS3 fans?

Fuck that shit. x_x

But this is what I expect from a majority of posters on VGC.  Bull-shit.  >_>

Don't get your panties in a knot. It is a fact that there are fanboys who can't take the world not fitting their dream land. This is proven by the games page most hit list, the polls, and other places where people can abuse the system to make their favorite system look better and the others look worse.

If you remember, all the old NES games were taking the top spots in the "best scored" categories that used to exist. until a PS3 fan came by and started doing the same exact thing. Currently the PS3 fanatics are out working whatever Nintendo fanatics are left on this website.

Read my above post!  My panties are not in a knot, cursing is fun!  xD

---

The reality is that the number of votes on all three polls are the same for the most part.  so we can't really draw any conclusions on one group of people since the number of votes is really similar. Unless anyone has proof of people posting more than once, it's a non-issue.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:

Maybe Wii Fans don't vote?

Only because they aren't old enough to.

Check out the VGC Crunch this Podcast and Blog at www.tsnetcast.com

Those them thar PS3 fans always messing things up aren't they we should round em all up and burn there consoles /sarcasm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

TWRoO said:
It's not that PS3 fans are more biased... it's that there are more of them now.

for the past 10 months the percentage of users on this site being mainly PS3 fans has been increasing, It has been the plurality set for a good while now (perhaps since MGS4 launch period) and is now probably the majority (over 50%)

Add that to the fact that, the most sales savvy of this website thought all three of the polls had way too many low voters (people didn't know how huge Christmas is)

The only problem was the after that, the PS3 didn't perform too well.

I agree with the bolded part. The PS3 did underperform compared to what I originally thought and voted, which does make it look like the PS3 fanboys skewed the results. Now, I don't know if the PS3 fanatics did skew the results, but I have seen it before in multiple spots.

However, I wouldn't say the PS3 fans are the majority of the site. I would say we have something more along the lines of Wii=PS3>X360>DS>PC>PSP.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

DMeisterJ said:

Read my above post!  My panties are not in a knot, cursing is fun!  xD

---

The reality is that the number of votes on all three polls are the same for the most part.  so we can't really draw any conclusions on one group of people since the number of votes is really similar. Unless anyone has proof of people posting more than once, it's a non-issue.

Then don't act like they are.

And I agree, the polls above are hard to tell who skewed what. But I won't deny that at the moment PS3 fanatics tend to be skewing more results than the other groups, as proved by looking at other polls and areas of the website.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy

Around the Network

Guess what the majority of banned people are... That's right, PS3 fanboys.

Chrizum said:
Guess what the majority of banned people are... That's right, PS3 fanboys.

dang, they even skew those results

I do think the OP is making assumptions based on the data shown. Simply put, there was no way to predict that Wii would have such a stellar year. The polling data for Wii should be lower than actual performence since at the time the pollees would have been making a safe and realistic choice. Same for the 360, the success of the price drop and the lack of competition from sony could not have been predicted in Jan and thus the responses should skew lower. As for the PS3, stagnation was expected and stagnation was recieved, so the poll should relfect that assumption in Jan.

Also, they only way to really prove a PS3 fanboy bias would be difficult. My approach would require knowing which system each voter prefers then finding a median for the Wii+360 voters. Then I would find the median of the PS3 voters and compare the SD difference to the Wii+360 (if it's great than X, probably 3, then PS3 voters can be considered biased). But I doubt that data is even almost available.

Check out the VGC Crunch this Podcast and Blog at www.tsnetcast.com

PDF said:
maybe it was the Wii fanboys that voted the 360 so low and the 360 fanboys who voted the Wii so low.

if that were the case, then wouldn't both Wii and 360 have really f'ed up the PS3 one?

I don't know if there are more PS3 fanboys, or if they are any worse than any other fanboys on this site, but I have noticed a growing "Agressiveness" from the PS3 fanboys for the past several months ... The only reason that I can think of as to why this is happening is that none of the "Standard" defences that PS3 fans used to use really work any more, and the only approach they have left is to attack a console to make it look worse.