By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 1up might be going under...

1up may not have the best text based journalism on the web, but you can not beat their video, and podcasts. Shane Bentonhouse is very smart about games, and if they do go under I hope he is picked up by sombody. John Davis and Garnet Lee are both very opinionated, and get upset to easly. I think that they and that Patrick dude are the biggest problem at that site as they are always bashing Nintendo and Sony, which puts the site off the radar of most gamers, as thouse are the biggest to companys. Anyway I guess we will see what happens.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

After their review on Jeanne d'Arc..... LAME. They can go bankrupt!

Actually, I don't care either way. Never ever went to that site.

@KGB - just saw your sig... you don't think that 12m PS3 by the end of '07 is a little... ambitious? Take the 6m in the US for instance...

Its now selling 42k/week (US) - that's after the price cut AND new model are released. Its currently sold 1.82m. There are about 20 weeks left in the year. Based on the current rate, that's 1m extra sold - not 4m. Throw in an extra 1m for November/December (Xmas). Still off by 2m...

Just thought you might want to be more... realistic. But hey, its your sig ;)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Was their review on Jeanne d'Arc bad?

I had never given a damn about 1up.

About EGM... it was one of the few USA magazines I used to buy, but videogames magazines aren't that popular anymore. Everything is web-based.

Around the Network

that sucks, retro roundup was pretty cool

Morier said:
Was their review on Jeanne d'Arc bad?

EGM gave it a 7.... Lowest score out of all the reviewers...

I don't like EGM reviews, not at all. 

I'll be very upset. Best gaming site hands down.

The magazine can disappear I wouldn't care too much for that as much as the site and network.

But what makes you think 1UP is going to disappear? This news has been going on for months that Ziff Davis is going to sell 1up and so it wouldn't go down even if they went bankrupt.

Also your assertion that this has something to do with 'issues' with Wii reviews (issues in the heads of Nintendo fanboys only) is ludicrous.

I can't believe how quickly Nintendo fans suddenly became the most arrogant people on the planet... you know not everything revolves around the Wii and DS on this planet.

I hear Amped Mobile is going out of business cause they didn't embrace the Wii!

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

I like IGN better (their up-to-date release dates that are well-organized push them way over the top), but 1up is still pretty good. I would rather see them go than IGN, so I will not shed any tears over this.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

ckmlb said:
you know not everything revolves around the Wii and DS on this planet.

...but everything does revolve around Nintendo!

Just like everything revolves around the PS2, PS3 and PSP for Sony fanboys, or how the Microsoft's 360 makes the world go round (how fitting - 360).

Fact is, arrogance is synonymous with fanboyism. Fanboys from all three sides are equally guilty.