By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 1up might be going under...

Just read this - its sort of ironic considering the recent reaction to various Wii reviews (and more):

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08162007/business/ziff_skips_payment_business_keith_j__kelly.htm

...and...

http://www.gametab.com/news/1006315/

EGM/1UP Might be Going Bankrupt
Ziff Davis Media has finally hit the wall

Quote:
The embattled tech media company - which has teetered on the brink for over a year as it tried to sell itself in pieces to get out from under a mountain of debt - said it skipped an interest payment due yesterday and was entering into negotiations with debt holders to restructure about $390 million in debt.

The company, which once employed over 1,200 people, now has a staff of around 290 and is down to three magazines, including PC Magazine, Electronic Gaming Monthly and Games for Windows. It also owns 15 Web sites and a conference business.

Over the years, Ziff Davis Media has closed more than 10 magazines, including Inter@ctive Week, Yahoo! Internet Life and ExtremeTech, as it repositioned itself to focus largely on digital content.
Source says

Will people here be upset if 1UP (or EGM) goes under? 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

nope

IMO they're just rambling nitwits who are able to pull numbers and words from mid-air, put them in an article, and started a website like that.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

nah

1200 to 290 is a gigantic drop.
I think CEO's are overpaid. They could use that money to pay for more employees and get more work done.

Around the Network

HA hahahahahahahahahahahahha!!!

It looks like they really need some attention... I think 4.5 for Halo 3 is good enough to bring them back on the surface - everyone will buy this issue...

DIE ! ! !

I wouldn't be upset, they brought it onto them selves, by catering to fanboys and losing any sense of journalistic integrity.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

I never used 1up, so it won't matter to me either way.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

EGM upsets me a bit.
1UP itself? Nah not really.