By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dear Internet: Quit Overhyping Killzone 2

ahcheng said:

http://www.ripten.com/2009/01/15/dear-internet-quit-overhyping-killzone-2/

I love the comments in that one. :D

Thinking that the two titles is “ABOUT THE SAME” only proves that you are an xbot. They are not the same. Anyone that has objectively played KZ2’s online and compared it to Gears 2 would know this.

"You are not entitled to have your own opinion. Theres only one opinion in this matter and if you are against it you are an xbot!", Sounds soooo familiar even though I haven't even ever touched X360. :D

Around the Network

Last year MGS4, Brawl and LittleBigPlanet had at least as much hype as this game and none of them were disappointments.

Certain games receive massive hype for a reason y'know...

Nobody is saying it's going to cure cancer, convert 360 owners or save the PS3!

We're just saying it's an awesome game! What is wrong with that?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Dear internet people

Please stop hyping Killzone 2 - the tubes are clogged

@ Kantor )

people easy feel offended by others who are talking about how much they are anticipating something (if their respective hypes don't coincide), especially when those talks are everywhere they go

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:

Last year MGS4, Brawl and LittleBigPlanet had at least as much hype as this game and none of them were disappointments.

I think KZ2 has more hype for it than all of those. The hype level seems noticeably higher than that of Brawl and MGS4, not to mention that KZ2 has been announced for a longer time than those.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

@ NJ5 )

maybe on the internetz, quite surely not in real life

@ KylieDog )

that's a prejudice, an unfounded opinion, if you haven't even played the beta

NJ5 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

I think KZ2 has more hype for it than all of those. The hype level seems noticeably higher than that of Brawl and MGS4, not to mention that KZ2 has been announced for a longer time than those.

Perhaps you're forgetting the SSBB thread that had so many posts (99% of which were along the lines of "omg, this is the best game evar!") that it had to be taken down because it was causing the site to slow...

KylieDog said:
I've said it before I'll say it again. It is a bog standard shooter and its main selling point seems to be graphics. Graphics don't make a game.

I definately agree with the bolded (but not so much the first part lol). Good graphics never hurt though imo.

@ Lafiel,

The perspective I'm looking at it is this: people (I will not say who) in this forum are probably even now getting ready to start the deluge of anti-sony and KZ crap if KZ2 happens to not meet even one hyper's hype, they'll be all over this forum like flies on stink.

Over hype leads to nothing more than gleeful fanboys trolling all over the place in my experience, no matter the game or platform.

It just breeds animosity among gamers where there should be people just happy to play a game.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

--OkeyDokey-- said:
NJ5 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

Perhaps you're forgetting the SSBB thread that had so many posts (99% of which were along the lines of "omg, this is the best game evar!") that it had to be taken down because it was causing the site to slow down...

There's no such huge KZ2 thread, but if one were to add up all the posts in the KZ2 threads... May I add that I didn't care much about Brawl either, in fact I didn't buy it yet so I'm not very biased in this regard. Maybe the hype would actually seem smaller if there were such a huge thread about KZ2.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957