By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dear Internet: Quit Overhyping Killzone 2

NJ5 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

Last year MGS4, Brawl and LittleBigPlanet had at least as much hype as this game and none of them were disappointments.

Certain games receive massive hype for a reason y'know...

I think KZ2 has more hype for it than all of those. The hype level seems noticeably higher than that of Brawl and MGS4, not to mention that KZ2 has been announced for a longer time than those.

Eh, I disagree. Outside of the normal crazys, it's hyped to be another fantastic FPS with amazing online and a game that everybody should give a shot.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

You mean the same hype that Halo 3, LBP, MGS4, Too Human, Fable II, and Gears 2 got? Its running a big games natural course. The game is going to be great just like Halo is great to Xbox.

dbot said:
Mirson said:
Euphoria14 said:
Like I was saying before, I see more XBox and Wii fans getting worked up about this game than anyone else. What is even better is those saying it is hyped in terms of sales, is it not possible to have something NOT sales related? Is it not possible to hype something in terms of quality? I see more people saying "This game is going to be awesome" than "This game is going to sell 10M copies". I see more threads about the gameplay quality, graphics, etc... than sales threads for the game.

Who knows, maybe I am just looking at a different www.VGChartz.com than some others.

This game has lived up to expectations in terms of the E3 2005 trailer and now those who refuse to eat crow are trying to downplay the game. If it was the other way around and it didn't live up to the E3 2005 trailer we would have threads like "KZ2 overhyped, didn't live up to expectations", so honestly either way we were expecting crap like this.

Makes me think back to 2007. Halo 3 hype, I mean HUGE HYPE, mild hype for Mass Effect, same for Bioshock. If I remember correctly this was the same time we had to read "Best Holiday Lineup in Gaming History" all over the damn place. Did it let up? Of course not, people kept riding it all the way up to each games release date and for some, even beyond that point. Strange to see how quickly some forget this.

Once again I ask this. Why was it perfectly ok then, or even ok for Gears of War and Gears of War 2 but so wrong for Killzone 2? Looks to me like more hypocrisy to be perfectly honest.

Well for me it's because of the developers. GG has done nothing to amaze me unlike 2K, Bioware or Bungei. Halo 3 did deserve the hype since it's a proven IP, and it has one of the best multiplayer on consoles today. Also I don't really care for graphics, and all the gameplay vids for KZ2 bore me to death.

Which Guerilla Games have you played?

KZ1, Liberation and ShellShock. Liberation was the only GG game that I actually finish, so I applaud them for it.

call of duty 6

Kantor said:
Nobody is saying it's going to cure cancer, convert 360 owners or save the PS3!

We're just saying it's an awesome game! What is wrong with that?

This.

Seriously, most people I see are just excited for the game. I don't see any problems with that...

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

Man dont you ever quit?

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

lol http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/killzone-2-gameplay-1?size=large

CGI-Quality said:
@ Ben

Well, not exactly. MGS4 had TONS of hype, and in the eyes of gamers, internet sites, game stores etc, etc... it exceeded the hype. Sure, this situation is rare, but not impossible right?

... too bad it wan't followed by the sales it deserves...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

CGI-Quality said:
@ Sardauk

MGS4 is close to outselling MGS3 on a console with far less users (PS3 - PS2). For that, MGS4 did fine, though higher sales NEVER hurt :)

In that way, yes.

But MGS3 (best PS2 game ever) was a late release for a console that has the biggest/best library.

I thought more PS3 fans would have craved for MGS4.

It will be interesting to see the first weeks sales of KZ2 because it doesn't have a fan community from the last episode..

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.