By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was your first RPG?

Final Fantasy 4 or 6 or Super Mario RPG. I don't remember.

Around the Network

I don't know what the first one was for me. In fact, I'm almost completely confident that the first I played isn't the first I remember.

The first I remember was Pokemon Red.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Might & Magic (either 1 or 2...I can't remember) would have been the very first I played, however at the time (being 4-5 yrs old) I really couldn't grasp it.

The first one I truly enjoyed and remember well is Eye of the Beholder 2. I'll never know how I spent so much time playing it (and never finished it when I was younger). I played it through a few years ago and finished it in an afternoon.

naznatips said:
Angel_DwK said:
Final Fantasy 8... that games final boss was impossible to kill..

I refuse to answer with pokemon.

Why? They were great games.  And for 10s of millions of people they were their first RPG.

True men are able to admit that they played Pokemon at one point or another.  Heck, I'm able to admit I still play the games.  It's the same formula every gen, but I still buy the games.

Member #50 of the Sonic Support Squad! :P

The first RPG that I played is Paper Mario the thousand year door, I played it a couple of years ago, but I have never beaten a RPG game, unless Zelda counts as an RPG.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

It's hard for me to remember (cause I played so many) but I believe it was Final Fantasy IV on SNES, the only other one I could have been was Phantasy Star II on Genesis (yes I was playing that tough as nails game when I was a child and that makes me more of a man then you'll ever be)

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

its not that I don't wanna say it was pokemon I just never really considered it an RPG..

I love pokemon games..

Predictions.

1. Wii will never reach 50% market share.

2. Kz2 will sell 1.3 first week 3.5 LT.
Sales predictions for 09.

Wii - 69 - 72
PS3 - 32 - 34
X360 - 39 - 41

mine was : king's quest 1

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Not counting Pokemon because I didnt know it was an RPG.
Not counting Zelda because I thought it was an RPG.

My first RPG game I played knowing it was an RPG game would be Brave Hero on the PSP. Great graphics fun battle system. Random battles and shitty character design killed it for me. I stopped playing right before I beat it. Never looked back.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
It's hard for me to remember (cause I played so many) but I believe it was Final Fantasy IV on SNES, the only other one I could have been was Phantasy Star II on Genesis (yes I was playing that tough as nails game when I was a child and that makes me more of a man then you'll ever be)

Oh yeah?! That mani/pedi you have there says differently!

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.