By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Something to Ponder... Killzone 2 has a cover system!

I really do like cover systems. The only game which would be worse for a cover system is CoD4, that's great the way it is.

I do object to one thing though. MGS4 IS NOT A TPS, IT'S STEALTH ACTION!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

I think its a pretty cool idea, and the only reason I will rent this overhyped game.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Wait, now 'lean and shoot' is counted as a cover system? Jeez, Medal Of Honor: Allied Assault had that in what, 2001? 2002?

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

KylieDog said:
I don't see what is so amazing about this cover system. Most games have a crouch button that allows you to do the exact same thing. Can sidestep out of cover to shoot, leaning is hardly different.

Rather pointless feature I find.

This. Besides, a cover system "ties" the player to a wall so getting away is harder (a little). It also makes the game slower (not necessarily a bad thing but I don't want every shooter to be slow).