By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Halo3 will be the best selling HD-Game this gen.

I am pretty sure, there won't be another HD-Game to sell as much as Halo3 on one single platform.

Right now, Halo3 is at 9 million. With the release of ODST and a possible Halo3 + ODST bundle, sales will reach 11 million quite easily. ODST might move more Halo3 units.

The toughest competition will be GT5.  The best selling game of the series sold almost 15 million units. That is a lot. But the install base for the PS3 is much smaller than it was back in the days for the PS2.

Final Fantasy XIII will have great software sales, but because of the fact that the game will be on the Xbox360, the sales will split. Furhermore, the best selling FF game sold almost 10 million.

I can't think of another game to come close to 11 million. Is there a great franchise I don't remember right now?

What do you think?

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

I Think you're spot on with using GT5 as an example, it should be close.
Dont forget that PD coud easily ship new GT bundles with included DLC, like what they've done with GT5:p Spec 3 so...yeah pretty close.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Not the best selling game, obviously, so we have to go into a sub-section. >_>

But maybe, probably.

GT5.

I'd say GT5 will outsell it as it has broader appeal. Well unless they start throwing Halo 3 into every x360 sold some time in the future.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

Depends if they bundle GT5 or not. But Halo 3 should be #1 in pure raw sales on a single platform. Remember,all previous GT ggames were released on the nuumber one console at the time with 100 million users. GTA 4 definitely didn't sell 17 million on the PS3 like it didi the PS2. User base have a lot to do with GT's success.

Hmm. On a single console, I say it's 50:50 between Halo 3 and GT5. Nothing else will come close. I don't think anything else will break the 10 million barrier actually. Except perhaps Gears of War 3? Modern Warfare 2?

Nah, GT and Halo will own them both. Install base or not, it's Gran Turismo. It sells. A lot.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

When GT3 was launched? Is the vgc information correct? Cause if it is, at july 01, the PS2 wasn't with the 120 mln userbase it is known for. It was only 12 mln ps2 out there, according with vgchartz database. So it is very possible GT5 surpass Halo3 on sales.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

The fact that it has sold so many units on just one console is amazing. Other games have had to add up their totals across many platforms to just get close to it. Personally i can't stand the game nor the series but i respect the numbers that it posts. The only thing that will beat it will be Halo 4 in my view. And i would like some of what the people are toking on who say GT5 will beat it.. If GT4 sold 9m with 120m consoles to sell to what makes you rhink it will sell 10m (as it has to sell that to beat Halo 3) on a console that has just 20m to sell to? Loco.

I thought HD started at 720p xD

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.