By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Guerilla Confirms: No Co-op For KZ2

It'd be nice if they included it, but the game still is tons of fun.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
It'd be nice if they included it, but the game still is tons of fun.

Wow, you played it? Pics of didn't happen! D:

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

I find this to be slightly annoying, what happened to the days when I could pick up any random fps and know that I could enjoy it with my friends sitting next to me without scouring the internet for information on its co-op play?

I have three controllers for my PS3, guess how many games I have played that were fun and allowed me to use all three?

One...one game, only Little Big planet.

What was the point in making the PS3 capable of handling more than two controllers (unlike the ps2 without a multi tap) if you are not going to make any games that support even two player co-op, let alone three or four player.

Don't get me wrong, I love my ps3 to death, but maybe this is why the wii is wining this gen? because it allows you to play games with your actual friends and not some random people who live half way across the world.

Man. Lame...

All well. =/

madskillz said:
I'll only get this game if Sony sends me a copy for review. No co-op? Interesting. Bioshock has no co-op and I haven't touched it since I finished it. No need - but Halo 3, Gears, Gears 2, COD4 shine online. Unless the game totally rocks, I wouldn't really buy a FPS that doesn't have co-op.

Name another FPS that's selling like hotcakes and doesn't have co-op.

It will hurt sales, IMHO.

half life 2.

Coop is a none issue. Atleast it should be. It's not exacly standard besides theres already multiplayer.

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

old news

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.

madskillz said:
I'll only get this game if Sony sends me a copy for review. No co-op? Interesting. Bioshock has no co-op and I haven't touched it since I finished it. No need - but Halo 3, Gears, Gears 2, COD4 shine online. Unless the game totally rocks, I wouldn't really buy a FPS that doesn't have co-op.

Someone answer me this here.

If Killzone 2 will allow bots, and let's assume you can set up human players on one side, and bots on the other, why is co-op through a storyline critical?  Can't you pick a map out, team up with some human players, and have the AI set to play the other side?  Isn't this how a sports title works?  If the AI is competent, it sounds like more replayability than coop where you play through the story with a teammate.

Single-player and multiplayer replayability is what is important for long-term sales.  And this can come about multiple ways.  I believe that bots are more important to longevity than a co-op mode.

richardhutnik said:
madskillz said:

Someone answer me this here.

If Killzone 2 will allow bots, and let's assume you can set up human players on one side, and bots on the other, why is co-op through a storyline critical?  Can't you pick a map out, team up with some human players, and have the AI set to play the other side?  Isn't this how a sports title works?  If the AI is competent, it sounds like more replayability than coop where you play through the story with a teammate.

Single-player and multiplayer replayability is what is important for long-term sales.  And this can come about multiple ways.  I believe that bots are more important to longevity than a co-op mode.

bang!!, you hit the nail and thats just what i wanted.

soriku plays shooter now? and he was even considering buying killzone 2? thats news to me