By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Guerilla Confirms: No Co-op For KZ2

Thats too bad.

Around the Network
Nik24 said:

Is there at least online-coop?

They said there are no plans for coop. I was suprised when I had heard that there might be coop in K2. Play R2 for your coop needs : )

Co-op isn't really a deal breaker for me. That isn't to say it's not fun in games like Gears of War, but a lack of co-op isn't going to kill me.

I'll only get this game if Sony sends me a copy for review. No co-op? Interesting. Bioshock has no co-op and I haven't touched it since I finished it. No need - but Halo 3, Gears, Gears 2, COD4 shine online. Unless the game totally rocks, I wouldn't really buy a FPS that doesn't have co-op.

Name another FPS that's selling like hotcakes and doesn't have co-op.

It will hurt sales, IMHO.

@Madskillz Well the game does indeed have online multi-player :P Which would be the draw for the game in my opinion. My friend completed Halo 3's story as quickly as he could and he's never touched it again on, or offline. He's all about the competitive, which in my opinion is the big selling point for shooters. And Killzone 2's competitive is a serious contender ;)

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network
Theo said:
Nik24 said:

They said there are no plans for coop. I was suprised when I had heard that there might be coop in K2. Play R2 for your coop needs : )

Not even. R2's co-op is different from the main story, which sucks/is not as good. :(

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Wait, you wont touch Killzone 2 because it doesn't have Co-op, but then you say you play COD4 a lot?

I mean, it's not like Killzone 2 has no online multi-player or anything.

SHMUPGurus said:
Theo said:
Nik24 said:

Not even. R2's co-op is different from the main story, which sucks/is not as good. :(

I would say it's good and bad. It's good because they can do something different with the co-op. However, I think having at least one other guy helping you out in the main campaign could have added some more value to it.

CGI-Quality said:
@ madskillz

Uuuh, what about COD 4? And Bioshock has no multiplayer which that in itself will hinder replay value.

I was saying COD4 has online multiplayer. Bioshock doesn't. It sold well, but replay sucks.

@ Chrono - as long as there is online MP, I will look at it. Otherwise, forgetaboutit.

@ Illegal - my bad - I got co-op and MP confused. I stand corrected.

@Madskillz KZ2's multi-player has received nothing but great reviews both professional and community based :P

It's very reminiscent of COD4 from what I'm told with a class system (that's actually focused on) for different party and game dynamics. You should check out some reads on it ^^ It's getting fantastic reception.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.