By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo 3: ODST, The Counduit or Killzone 2?

Killzone 2

Around the Network

Till now:

Killzone 2: 14

The Conduit:12

Halo ODST: 8

None: 1

I know... my english sucks

rocketpig said:
Khuutra said:
rocketpig said:
Well Bungie completely changed the FPS world so I think Guerilla still loses.

Enlighten me. Do you mean with Marathon or Halo? I don't know that much about the history of the genre, I just wish Lucasarts would make another Republic Commando.

You haunt me and I really like it. I find it flattering in an completely "fuck me in the ass" sort of way.

Bungie innovated several things. Dual wield, regerating health, the entire Marathon storyline. God, it was brilliant.

On top of that, Halo was a PC game until Bungie was bought out by MS. Then it became the best known console FPS for the tards that didn't know any better.

Halo also originated as an RTS in the ilk of Myth.

rare also changed fps on consoles and look at them now...they're a shadow of their former self.

also, whilst halo may have been great back in the day, it's stale as a crusty old bread now.

On topic...my choice would be killzone 2.

If you think Rare had the same impact on FPS that Bungie did in their day, you need to study up on game history.

Yeah, Goldeneye was great. Loved it. Played it through 007 Agent mode.

Still, not the influence of Bungie. People who don't acknowledge how much Bungie influenced Valve, Epic, and iD make my ass itch.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Updated

Killzone 2: 15

The Conduit:12

Halo ODST: 8

None: 1

Around the Network

Is there really any need for a count

the number of fans on this site go PS3>Wii>360 ....

rocketpig said:
If you think Rare had the same impact on FPS that Bungie did in their day, you need to study up on game history.

Yeah, Goldeneye was great. Loved it. Played it through 007 Agent mode.

Still, not the influence of Bungie.

Wasn't Goldeneye like, the first good console FPS? It also sold quite a bit more than Halo and seems to be held in higher regard by most people.

seece said:
Is there really any need for a count

the number of fans on this site go PS3>Wii>360 ....

you have no idea how wrong you are, this site may as well be Wii central...so really it's as follows:-

Wii>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>360>>>PS3

cura said:
rocketpig said:
Khuutra said:
rocketpig said:

Enlighten me. Do you mean with Marathon or Halo? I don't know that much about the history of the genre, I just wish Lucasarts would make another Republic Commando.

You haunt me and I really like it. I find it flattering in an completely "fuck me in the ass" sort of way.

Bungie innovated several things. Dual wield, regerating health, the entire Marathon storyline. God, it was brilliant.

On top of that, Halo was a PC game until Bungie was bought out by MS. Then it became the best known console FPS for the tards that didn't know any better.

rare also changed fps on consoles and look at them now...they're a shadow of their former self.

also, whilst halo may have been great back in the day, it's stale as a crusty old bread now.

Bungie laid much of the groundwork of the modern FPS. They also redefined how to make a console FPS.

Go ahead, compare them to Rare, a team that made two good games, broke off, and then made HAZE. A Halo clone that failed on every level of trying to be a Halo clone.

Yeah, a Halo clone. That will KILL Halo. If you need a "Halo killer", you're missing the point. Bungie has been making great FPS games for 15 years. Before that, they made several great RTS games.

Get a sense of history, people.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

cura said:
rocketpig said:
Khuutra said:
rocketpig said:

I think the best FPS this year will be the more innovating.

Halo: no way. It's an expansion

Killzone 2: for the beta reviews I think the only innovation will be the graphics (I hope not)

The Conduit: I have hope in this, anyway just the wiimote + a good FPS will be an innovation in gaming till now.