By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo 3: ODST, The Counduit or Killzone 2?

The Conduit

Around the Network

For me, it's no contest. Killzone 2 blows the others away. I also have an interest in the Conduit and will buy it day one but I suspect I'll never beat it due to it being a mediocre game with wii controls (I'm really hoping it proves me wrong and is regardless my most hyped wii game) and I have little to no interest in Halo: ODST at the moment. If it catches my eye closer to release I may get it but I'm a firm believer in the mediocrity of Halo 3 and I won't be buying anything with Halo in the title now unless it proves better then my now low expectations.

PS3 Trophies

Easy; Conduit, i only have Wii and PC.

KylieDog said:
The Conduit is the only one doing anything thats really new.

Killzone 2 doesn't really do anything original, its main selling point seems to be graphics (which is why it'll end up with a GTA IV affect...yes I said it).

ODST...is Halo.

The conduit is the only one doing something new??? The conduit looks like every other shooter, why does it become something "new" because it's on the wii. It's not the first FPS on wii either by the way. So would you mind telling me exactly what's so "new" about what it brings to the table. Killzone 2 by the way has a cover system that has never been done before. One that never leaves first person view. While not a huge leap, it's certainly is more then the Conduit seems to bring at the time. And ODST we have no real info about but we know it will most likely be a tactical squad based game and we have no idea what new stuff they may add to the title.

PS3 Trophies

Killzone 2 by a mile.

Around the Network

Halo ODST, since I like Halo games and I only own a 360 at the moment.

Solid_Raiden said:
KylieDog said:

Killzone 2 doesn't really do anything original, its main selling point seems to be graphics (which is why it'll end up with a GTA IV affect...yes I said it).

ODST...is Halo.

The conduit is the only one doing something new??? The conduit looks like every other shooter, why does it become something "new" because it's on the wii. It's not the first FPS on wii either by the way. So would you mind telling me exactly what's so "new" about what it brings to the table. Killzone 2 by the way has a cover system that has never been done before. One that never leaves first person view. While not a huge leap, it's certainly is more then the Conduit seems to bring at the time. And ODST we have no real info about but we know it will most likely be a tactical squad based game and we have no idea what new stuff they may add to the title.

Real time control customization: you can test your control setup as you configure it in game time (not just the button setup but the sensitivity and the deadzone too).

HUD customization: you can place all elements in the HUD wherever you want on the screen to make it more suitable to your neeeds while still in game time

I'm with The Conduit.

Even though rocketpig's right about all the awesome things Bungie has done for the FPS genre, I think they're too big and too tired to launch another revolution. The next developer to revitalize the FPS will be closer in size to the Bungie that made Marathon and got bought up by Microsoft. It might even be High Voltage, though I don't think Conduit is the game which will do it.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

the_bloodwalker said:
Solid_Raiden said:
KylieDog said:

ODST...is Halo.

Real time control customization: you can test your control setup as you configure it in game time (not just the button setup but the sensitivity and the deadzone too).

HUD customization: you can place all elements in the HUD wherever you want on the screen to make it more suitable to your neeeds while still in game time

Wow. Didn't know that. Thanks. That's some cool stuff but it's not a game mechanic or anything that will revolutionize the genre. I would still say that Killzone's cover mechanic is more important as it is actually a part of the gameplay. But either way it's blind to say it's the only one doing new things compared to Killzone's cover mechanic and a game we have absolutely no real info on.

PS3 Trophies

I agree Solid_Raiden. May FPS have very good elements, some mey be great, others don't. I think the cover system on KZ2 is really cool but I have my doubts about it's motion sensing actions.

Many Wii fans are bananas with The Conduit because it's actually the first FPS on the Wii that takes full advantage of what the system has to offer and is considered "new and fresh" compared to ther games on the Wii of the same genre. And the most surprising factor is that the game is from an unexpected developer.